Styling Bianca slightly naked!

Currently reading:
Styling Bianca slightly naked!

Manda has internally adjustable ones........ hint hint lol :D

The ones on my Colour are internally adjustable, do you think they are not standard and have been changed in the past? They are a bit of a pain because if you reach 60mph or over they are a bit floppy and fold inwards from the wind force and need adjusting back all the time. A real bugger on the motorway!

Any ideas in how this can be stopped? I thought about shoving something in somewhere to stiffen it up but then would be a hassel to adjust again.

I think the later models came with them Lucy. or perhaps they are optional extras.

My passenger side one flops about.. and it isn't internally adjust able so its a right pain when it moves on the motorway. take the covers off, only 3 screws, there might be an adjustment to tighten the cable or supports

The ones on my Colour are internally adjustable, do you think they are not standard and have been changed in the past? They are a bit of a pain because if you reach 60mph or over they are a bit floppy and fold inwards from the wind force and need adjusting back all the time. A real bugger on the motorway!

Any ideas in how this can be stopped? I thought about shoving something in somewhere to stiffen it up but then would be a hassel to adjust again.

Ok...spot the possible quote for a sig from the above...plus you get it signed Juicy Lucy!!!!......:devil:

kev

Cause I park outside Carphone there are always fat dole-ites who couldn't find their own pie holes with both hands that think they can squeeze between the cars outside to cut 10 feet from their journey to the next retail unit they intend to shoplift from and hump right into my mirrors...

Grr....

Anyway, rant over about having to constantly adjust mirrors :p

Jim

Cause I park outside Carphone there are always fat dole-ites who couldn't find their own pie holes with both hands that think they can squeeze between the cars outside to cut 10 feet from their journey to the next retail unit they intend to shoplift from and hump right into my mirrors...

Grr....

Anyway, rant over about having to constantly adjust mirrors :p

Jim

I had to read this twice, I thought you said they humped your mirrors :eek: :D

They were put on the top of the range Panda's (if there is every such a thing :p)

Our Selecta's and Sisley's have them. Some of ours move in at 60, some don't, depends how lucky you are.

We've slowly upgraded all our Panda's without them to have them though (y)

Are the remote mirrors not the same as those in a Uno? Quite a few turn up on Ebay for not much so if they will interchange with a Panda that might be useful to know :)

Here's one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-UNO-NEAR...1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Can't tell from the pic....the prob with the cinq ones is the diff mounting plate...maybe the same with the uno????

kev

Uno mirrors are different to Cinq mirrors in that they won't interchange, though they are a similar'ish design. I'm just suspecting that with Pandas and Unos coming from the same era (ish) then there would be a lot of parts interchanged. A lot of manufacturers do that as it's cheaper to make one mirror design to fit a number of models rather than different designs for each.

Base model Unos also came with the non interior adjustable mirrors that might be similar to the Pandas? If any of you Panda lot go to the next ACE Cafe meet in April I'm quite happy to bring a spare mirror along for you to try :)

Be good to meet up as im not too far away....the mirrors and internals are interchangable...but as i said before its a right flaff to sort out with the spring etc...
Jim was right the cinq ones are smaller/painted and sexier...

kev

Ok...spot the possible quote for a sig from the above...plus you get it signed Juicy Lucy!!!!......:devil:

kev

haha I thought it sounded a bit dodgy when I typed it but was too lazy to change it and knew it would be a great source of tittilation!

Back