Technical Battery drain

Currently reading:
Technical Battery drain

russ44

Hello

Another problem with the panda...

2014 4x4 petrol.

Oddometer flashing for a week then battery dead. The rac mentioned the battery was past its best and looked like the original.

Anyway, I replaced the battery and have read on here the blue and me can cause problems.

I disconnected the blue me under the driver seat, or at least I think I have. It was the green connection clip I disconnected.

However the battery reads 12,8v after a drive, but when left for a few days it's dropped to 12,2. Am I right thinking this is a problem ? Is something still draining the battery or do those figures sound about right. I'm worried if it drops lower it won't start again.

It's booked in a garage soon for service and if it's a problem I'll get them to check.

I'd be interested to know what it could be prior to going to the garage.

Thanks guys

Ok, that's reassuring.

I've not had it fixed yet, going the garage can clear the flashing odometer
Clearing the flashing ODO is possibly not that straight forward...

It's flashing since the ECU/BCM cannot find the failed Blue and Me unit. There's conflicting information out there but I was told that the B&M module cannot be programmed out (deleted) although no one really tried in my case. I ended up with a second hand module from an Alfa that was plug and play (again some folk believe I think that the BCM has to be reprogrammed to find the B&M unit but I think if it has been previously used then you can get away without. Maybe a repaired unit needs to be programmed?

Ley us know what works for you.

Back