Cinquecento Battered old cinq for an upgrade? Hello all

Currently reading:
Cinquecento Battered old cinq for an upgrade? Hello all

Scalpel

Evening all.
Just been given a '95 cinq from a family member (900cc sx) and have decided to tweak the old girl a little.. as my second ever fiat (the first was an old 1000cc 4x4 panda from the late 80's if memory serves and there have been many cars and more years between the two fiats...) and I could do with a little advice.

The changes queued up are;
Arb from a sei sporting
Stiffer springs
Top mounts from a sei
Power steering unit from a sei

These are modifications I know work from researching on here, but the questions start with the brakes and engine...
The brakes off a pre 2003 punto. Do they all share the same carriers or do I need to find something specific to get vented discs to fit the cinq? Are there any newer calipers that fit?
I did read the guide on here but being unfamiliar with this marque a little advice couldn't hurt.

The engine upgrade will be the 1.2 8v mpi as a nice solid upgrade (i know I'll need to upgrade the fuelling side of things but that's for another time).

Thanks in advance
Dan

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with the brakes - Cinquecentos aren't under-braked and I've done lots of track miles in them.

Same with the power steering - it robs you of all steering feel. I'm looking to track down the fuse and pull it, especially on track days.

Thanks for the reply schumi.

I'll post further questions on this in the appropriate subforum

Back