Bank transfer

Currently reading:
Bank transfer

I have managed to do it over the phone without being singed up to the service, i cant for the life of me remember how though. I think i asked them to sent me a telephone banking password etc.

Do you have a cheque book? lol

But yeah, the fastest way to get the funds into their account will be to withdraw the cash, take it to their bank and fill in a paying in slip. I think electronic transfers take a couple of days. They do for me when I am transferring funds from my Barclays account to my Lloyds one. Even takes a couple of days to transfer to another Barclays account :rolleyes:

Im not sure that is always true now days. I have done transfers at the bank from say barclays to Nat West that have cleared within hours.
I would recommend that you get a telephone banking set up the Jon. Its easy and i always feel safer than using the net. Although mine is expensive to phone on mobile.

LOL i was having this conversation with somebody the other day and he told me about that. I forgot that he told me about that, but cheers anyway. Does it work?

I am led to believe that it does. Never tried any numbers from it myself though.

Its a business, they've got to make money somehow.

So why is the UK practically the only country where banks do this? They manage ok in other countrys not having to keep your oney for hours (or days with cheques) :bang:

If they invest saving's properly they wouldn't have to, but we won't go there, thats why this country is currently where it is (n)

Then there's bank charges, pfft, I'm not against them but if they're gonna mug you they need to make up they're mind as to how they do it!!! :eek:

*rant over*

Back