General Bad rust, how much to fix?

Currently reading:
General Bad rust, how much to fix?

sooo i went underneath to do some work and discovered this... both reals rusted all the way through lol. the passenger side is much smaller then the drivers side gosh, how much would this cost to fix. I've looked everywhere else and looks okay but I think water got in and sat here...
20240309_165257.jpg
20240309_165251.jpg
20240309_165210.jpg

The gist here is that, the rust you see it the bit that has gone through. There are probably many other areas that are badly rusted just not leaving holes and what tends to happen is you get one bit patched and another hole appears within a few months or following another winter.

Mk2 puntos also tend to rust badly near the seat belt anchor points and the top bolt of the rear shocks if the sills look like that then other areas are probably pretty bad

no haha mot ran out a year and abit ago🤣
🤣 That's not the worst I've ever seen, I knew someone once who had a 1st generation Ford KA which was only about 10 years old & I remember going to jack it up one day for her to do something on it & I just looked at the floor you could see right through to the interior from underneath as there was nothing left of the floor, the worrying thing was that had an MOT 😂, I think she scrapped it pretty much straight away as I said to her don't waste any more time or money on it, its not worth it, it was that bad there wasn't a single part of it that could be welded, the most rotten pig I've ever come across 😂

🤣 That's not the worst I've ever seen, I knew someone once who had a 1st generation Ford KA which was only about 10 years old & I remember going to jack it up one day for her to do something on it & I just looked at the floor you could see right through to the interior from underneath as there was nothing left of the floor, the worrying thing was that had an MOT 😂, I think she scrapped it pretty much straight away as I said to her don't waste any more time or money on it, its not worth it, it was that bad there wasn't a single part of it that could be welded, the most rotten pig I've ever come across 😂
Standard Ford thing unfortunately, the Ka was worse because it had all those black plastic wheel arch trims that would hide all the rust till like your friend found, there was no longer a floor. One of my friends had a similar experience though his was about 15 years old

sooo i went underneath to do some work and discovered this... both reals rusted all the way through lol. the passenger side is much smaller then the drivers side gosh, how much would this cost to fix. I've looked everywhere else and looks okay but I think water got in and sat here...
View attachment 439790View attachment 439791View attachment 439792
It’s just how much bigger the holes get when you put a welding torch near them??? 🤷 I’m sure you’ll find a mobile welder (every town has one, you know the sort) that’ll tackle it, and providing you don’t want it looking factory fresh a couple of hundred quid should do it, but there’s always the risk you’ll open a can of worms by doing so!

Standard Ford thing unfortunately, the Ka was worse because it had all those black plastic wheel arch trims that would hide all the rust till like your friend found, there was no longer a floor. One of my friends had a similar experience though his was about 15 years old
I know someone else who had a silver which was less than 7 years old & like a pepperpot, my uncle had a Y reg Fiesta which was eaten alive at 14 years old & yet he took the p*ss out of my dads old D reg Panda which was double the age, also was completely rot free & all original panels & paint, unfortunately it got T boned & written off, we were really gutted about that one

I know someone else who had a silver which was less than 7 years old & like a pepperpot, my uncle had a Y reg Fiesta which was eaten alive at 14 years old & yet he took the p*ss out of my dads old D reg Panda which was double the age, also was completely rot free & all original panels & paint, unfortunately it got T boned & written off, we were really gutted about that one
I bought a mk3 fiesta when I was 19 for £80 with tax and MOT but no metal around the fuel filler for an inch or two all the way round and down to the wheel arch, I’m guessing fuel spills or something else spilled on it specifically there had eaten the paint and let it rust badly or mud got up from the wheel arch. Either way it still didn’t have any metal there when I sold it and was comprised entirely of filler

Back