Tuning backbox

Currently reading:
Tuning backbox

Finn94

Hey everyone!

I'm new to fiatforum!

Been scouring google for the last few weeks but not been able to find the answers I need. Was hoping you guys could shed some light!

A good couple of months back I scraped the underside of my back box on a hefty boulder-sized rock whilst traversing into football car park. It looked a little scratched but nothing major. I noticed a few months later, when I gave the little punto some beans I got a nice roar coming from behind me. As when anything suddenly changes in your car you check it out, turns out I'd cracked the back box and now a lot of rust has started to build. Took it to a mechanic and he told me its not gonna pass its MOT without a new back box. Now this is my problem. Which back box should I purchase to replace it because my MOT is coming up quick! The standard Fiat back box seems exceptionally expensive and hasn't faired very well so far, so I'm kind of straying away from it.

I've seen positive reviews from:

1. Sportex - short lived and loud?
2. Ulter - found a back box on amazon for £155
3. Razzagon - couldn't find much on these
4. Powerflow - mixed and very far away from where i live
5. Fiat - expensive and weak
6. Custom - isn't really an option given where I live

Would rather not pay more than £250 with installation. I'm not looking for a boy-racer 'wannabe-subaru' sounding back box, I'm just looking a nice sounding and sturdy replacement.

Driving a 1.4 grande punto 8v by the way.

What do you guy's recommend?

Back