General are wishbones made of platinum?

Currently reading:
General are wishbones made of platinum?

bubbles42

just yesterday i got my wee panda 48,000 mile. took it to fiat for a "free" health check and was informed it was way over time to get the timing belt changed and the front wishbones will need changing soon. the price they quoted for 2 wishbones was £250 plus vat plus £150 fitting. is this crazy because on ebay i can get 2 brand new wishbones delivered to the house for £56 in total??? fair enough i got the timing belt done which it did need because i think it has to be changed at 5 years or 72,000 miles and my car is 2005 and it hasn't been changed yet. so got a price of £200 for timing belt plus fitting and £200 for a major service but told them to hold off on the wishbones because 2 days before it passed a mot :eek:

what's your opinions on this?

are wishbones made of platinum?

If they were, they might last a bit longer (n).

FIAT are quoting you a crazy price, both for the parts & for the fitting. Go find some aftermarket parts (they could hardly be any less durable than the OEM ones) & an independent garage. Better still, fit 'em yourself & use the cash you save to buy something that makes you happy.

They have to be seriously shot before legitimately failing an MOT. If they are worn, it'll spoil the handling & wear out your tyres, so it's better fixed now rather than later.

Last edited:
If they were, they might last a bit longer (n).

FIAT are quoting you a crazy price, both for the parts & for the fitting. Go find some aftermarket parts (they could hardly be any less durable than the OEM ones) & an independent garage. Better still, fit 'em yourself & use the cash you save to buy something that makes you happy.

They have to be seriously shot before legitimately failing an MOT. If they are worn, it'll spoil the handling & wear out your tyres, so it's better fixed now rather than later.
i think i'll order them and shove my dad under the car to fit them because he's handy with the spanners haha. i'm only new to the forum but would you know of any threads that i could go into to read about fitting wishbones to a panda? :)

i think i'll order them and shove my dad under the car to fit them because he's handy with the spanners haha. i'm only new to the forum but would you know of any threads that i could go into to read about fitting wishbones to a panda? :)

Here you go

Attachments

• Panda Wishbones.pdf
    90.2 KB · Views: 133
Back