anyone seen this video clip?

Currently reading:
anyone seen this video clip?

looking at the date on the video i will be sure to stay off the M11 on wednesday :)

(magical videos from the future)

I would in all honesty c%"p my pants seeing that in front of me !!

i had a similar problem before with my wiper, they actually froze in in the shape of the bottom of the screen, when i put them on they only wiped where the arm meets the back of the wiper.
had to stop and defrost them at a motor way service station with warm water, as couldn't fix the problem on the road side.
have changed them for the flat blade style ones now to avoid the issue happening again, i don't think i would have fancied stopping on the hard shoulder of the M11 in that weather to fiddle about with wipers?
also what the camera is seeing might be very different to what the driver can see

I don't get what's going on in that video. Seems to be bombing along at the beginning of the video, then brakes hard leading to the coach and camera car losing control, presumably upon reaching slower moving cars.

Why did he stop on the hard shoulder? No apparent problem, and creates another hazard as proved earlier where a slower car moved onto the hard shoulder to give the bus much more room when it slid out.

I do like the way the coach driver, having nearly written off 12mts of Volvo (probably) slowed down to take into account the poor road surface and the likelihood of another incident just down the road.

Or not, as the case may be.

Something I've always done is to lift my wipers off the screen overnight when frost/ice is due and similarly during the day when it's going to be hot.

If the wipers are frozen to the screen, they can be damaged if they are not defrosted off.
If they are being pressed to the screen, they can melt & deform in the heat.
I believe some cars now have a 'park' facility when the wipers are turned off which moves the wiper past the normal sweep range and onto a ramp to lift the wiper off the screen.

Back