anyone got a red hot poker?

Currently reading:
anyone got a red hot poker?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8049656.stm

and with 2 bricks, could stop them reproducing too......:mad:
I'll hold 'em down, you administer the aforementioned fire prodding device. Don't forget the following, as informing them of their rights might make it hurt less:

You do not have to scream, but it may hurt your bowels if you fail to yell when poked somewhere you later lie on in Hospital. Anything you do scream may be posted on You Tube. Do you understand.

i just don't get it.. why the hell ?

I do get it!

This is the result of Labour representatives like Harriet Harman, Gordon Brown, Ton Blair and others who are happy with single parent families that are encouraged not to educate their children, rather than have a normal family set-up, where both parents instill values.

Perverts rule, perverts follow and finally perversion rules.

I do get it!

This is the result of Labour representatives like Harriet Harman, Gordon Brown, Ton Blair and others who are happy with single parent families that are encouraged not to educate their children, rather than have a normal family set-up, where both parents instill values.

I disagree. Having both parents does not guarantee values and morals will be upheld, just as coming from a single parent family doesn't automatically mean delinquence. Not everyone is lucky enough to have had both parents bring us up. No matter what any government does/ is in power, the buck should ALWAYS fall at the feet of the parents of children, single parent or nuclear family or otherwise. Ultimately, and in my opinion, it is the responsibility of the people who bring offspring into the world to instill morals and values into them as well as be accountable for their misdemeaners.

I've encountered many dysfunctional two parent families and also many role model single parents. Traditional familes are not the only solution to the problems of wayward children, and in many cases can be the cause of them if forced to stay together. Just as single parenthood isn't always to blame for societies lack of morals and standards.

And can I ask, which government policy is it that the aforementioned MP's use to encourage single parent families to NOT to educate their children?

I do get it!

Not entirely accurate, but more than a grain of truth. Profound nonetheless.

I disagree. Having both parents does not guarantee values and morals will be upheld, just as coming from a single parent family doesn't automatically mean delinquence. Not everyone is lucky enough to have had both parents bring us up. No matter what any government does/ is in power, the buck should ALWAYS fall at the feet of the parents of children, single parent or nuclear family or otherwise. Ultimately, and in my opinion, it is the responsibility of the people who bring offspring into the world to instill morals and values into them as well as be accountable for their misdemeaners.

I've encountered many dysfunctional two parent families and also many role model single parents. Traditional familes are not the only solution to the problems of wayward children, and in many cases can be the cause of them if forced to stay together. Just as single parenthood isn't always to blame for societies lack of morals and standards.

And can I ask, which government policy is it that the aforementioned MP's use to encourage single parent families to NOT to educate their children?
There is much in what you say as well. Your statement seems to be backed up by some experience.

What I would say, is that the consequences of birth without two parents used to be very serious and brought a certain amount of stigma. It can be a mistake to carry on with a relationship/marriage that is just doomed to failure. One or other of the partners could well be violent, abusive or have a drink or drug problem that adversely affects the children or partner. I also wouldn't advocate the old way of dealing with "illegitimacy" whereby the mother would be sent away to live with a distant aunt.

But, there is now a virtual acceptance, brought about by Government and the Social Services that when a child arrives, life just carries on as if nothing had happened. The (usually) teenage mother carries on going out with her mates because her parents and family look after the kids while the DSS pays out for the babies needs. If life at home gets difficult, that doesn't matter because the Council will provide somewhere for her to live where she can invite all her teenage friends round and make life very difficult for the neighbours. I know this doesn't always happen, but there was a very good reason why you couldn't rent of buy property until you were 18. I know 18 is an arbitrary figure, but nonetheless these situations do happen. Close to where I live is a small Council estate which used to be limited to people over the age of 55. It was very neat, everybody knew each other and looked out for each other. It was taken over by a "Social Housing" organisation. After that they let all sorts of people in, including single teenagers with kids and the level of disturbance, vandalism, anti-social behaviour, dangerous driving and assaults went from zero; to over 50 in the first year.

Offer support by all means, but in my view, when a child arrives, almost every aspect of the mother's life gets put on hold. Birth control is free and the level of sex education for school age kids has never been greater, so there are almost no reasons for a girl to have a child without the kids father being very heavily involved. For a child's father to be able to come and go from a child's life brings instability and insecurity.

Many marriages break up simply because the relationship has reached the end of the road, but many don't survive because one or other knew their partner was unsuitable at the outset, but carried on with the union despite that, knowing that the marriage/relationship could be broken up as easily as taking an incorrectly sized piece of clothing back to Marks & Spencers.

I have every sympathy with somebody who marries someone who appears to be ideal at the time, but turns out several years later to be a drinker or gambler which results in a broken marriage, but too many have children knowing that the public will pick up the pieces because they don't try hard enough in the first place. Government and the DSS let their "Clients" believe that there are no consequences to their actions. There clearly are, because the rest of us have to pick up the pieces.

Last edited:
do you not think it was most likely young kids (8-12) who have done that?

i'm quite doubtful to it being anyone older who should 'know better'.

living in a village can be pretty boring at times, my friends and i got upto alot of mischief when we were younger and i lived in a small village.

do you not think it was most likely young kids (8-12) who have done that?

i'm quite doubtful to it being anyone older who should 'know better'.

living in a village can be pretty boring at times, my friends and i got upto alot of mischief when we were younger and i lived in a small village.

Its only down the road from me, and if the kids are anything like they are around here...then I wouldn't be surprised if it was older kids.

Was on the local paper today, and they cant prove anything at the moment :(

Back