General Any help please

Currently reading:
General Any help please

newfiat owner

Hi I was wondering if anybody would be able to tell me a rough price I was able to sell my car for as I don't want to under or over price it I have a 2006 fiat panda 169 1.1 8v active it has around 66 thounsound miles it also has a tow bar any help appreciated

Hi I was wondering if anybody would be able to tell me a rough price I was able to sell my car for as I don't want to under or over price it I have a 2006 fiat panda 169 1.1 8v active it has around 66 thounsound miles it also has a tow bar any help appreciated
Difficult to give a price, it is more what people are prepared to pay in your area and the cars general condition.
That age a garage will say "scrap value" £100, a salesman selling a more expensive vehicle to you, may offer more as part exchange but has already upped the price of his vehicle to cover it, so in effect he could throw your car away and still make money.
A private buyer looking for a cheap runabout with a long MOT may pay £1000 ish.
Someone who has owned a car and loved and polished it all it's life will say his is worth much more.
As has been mentioned on Forum before companies that advertise "we buy any car" often offer a good price until the deal is about to be done, then find reasons to drop price drastically.
At the end of the day it is what a person is prepared to pay. ;)

Do some reserch. Google your car make / model / year etc for sale. You wil get sites like Autotrader etc etc and you'll get some idea of the market.
Agreed , but remember those are asking prices, not what they actually get for their vehicles, there are a lot of dreamers about.;)

Condition
Full Documented Service history
Good MOT history
New tyres
Recent clutch
New shocks and or suspention arms

All affect the price

Go on to webuyanycar but you details in and double the quote you get back is normally about right. However I have only tried on a cars around 10-12 years old

Ebay classic site not mobile, to the right of the search box there's an advanced put the year and model then check the box that says sold

Just taken a towbar off on an I10 for someone's who couldn't sell it, relisted and it sold.

On a car of that age, condition and length of time remaining on its MOT certificate will be the main factors influencing its value.

You'll need to sell it privately; the trade will likely offer you very little for it.

Unless it's been done recently, getting a fresh MOT is the best way to increase its value. You can do this at any time; it's not necessary to wait until the existing one is close to expiring.

Last edited:
Back