Technical Antifreeze changes colour

Currently reading:
Technical Antifreeze changes colour

j wilbye

Ducato 2.3JTd 2004. Antifreeze was orange for the last 3 years but after the cold weather has changed colour to blue.

No sign of water in the oil, temperatures remain normal after 150 mile non stop trip, did 27 mpg, level has not fallen that I can see.

Ideas appreciated, thanks JW

Owned my car now for 3 & half years, one of it's Services required coolant change so it was done. It can be checked by a good garage & cheaply replaced. Spring / Summer are on their way so the danger of freezing up is minimal, however, coolant has anti corrosion properties too.

I'd get it changed personally.

Ducato 2.3JTd 2004. Antifreeze was orange for the last 3 years but after the cold weather has changed colour to blue.

No sign of water in the oil, temperatures remain normal after 150 mile non stop trip, did 27 mpg, level has not fallen that I can see.

Ideas appreciated, thanks JW

Are you sure it wasn't replaced at the last service. Antifreeze is often died blue.

If the colour really has changed then green/blue would be a bi product of copper. Probably from the radiator being corroded. Get it changed immediately.

New antifreeze contains corrosion inhibitors and prolong the life of the radiator cores and engine.

Are you sure it wasn't replaced at the last service. Antifreeze is often died blue.

If the colour really has changed then green/blue would be a bi product of copper. Probably from the radiator being corroded. Get it changed immediately.

New antifreeze contains corrosion inhibitors and prolong the life of the radiator cores and engine.

Thanks for this, the colour change took place over this winter, I didn't think of copper, I will be flushing the system and replacing the antifreeze this week.

As someone has already said are you sure it has not been changed at the last service. Our 03 2.8 JTD originally had yellow/orange coolant from new. But I have since replaced it with the recommended Paraflu11 which is coloured blue. I am not sure but I think the radiator core is probably aluminium which makes regular coolant changes even more important.

As someone has already said are you sure it has not been changed at the last service. Our 03 2.8 JTD originally had yellow/orange coolant from new. But I have since replaced it with the recommended Paraflu11 which is coloured blue. I am not sure but I think the radiator core is probably aluminium which makes regular coolant changes even more important.

I do all my own servicing so no changes to the coolant. This is the Paraflu UP which is a orange colour. I guess all I can do is flush the system and refill. I hope that sorts it as the paraflu UP is about £10 per litre and it needs 5 litres.

Hi, go to a autofactors & get some OAT antifreeze coolant this should be a red/pink colour & is as good as Paraflu & should be cheaper to per Ltr. Halfords also sell it but buy the concentrated version & mix with water 50/50 use distilled water for less scale build up.(y)

Back