Technical anti pinch sensor fault

Currently reading:
Technical anti pinch sensor fault

Help stilo jtd prob

i have a stilo 1.9 jtd 2002 i have just serviced it how can i reset the service light

also the drivers window opans fine but you keep haveing to press the button to put it up as it only moves a bit at a time. it also says anti pinch fault on the display

MENY THANKS JON

Re: Help stilo jtd prob

Hi Jon, welcome to the FF.

You can't reset the service light, the only known way (so far) is to take the car to a Fiat dealer where they can reset it with the Fiat Examiner.

Anti pinch is a strip built into the top window rubber channel. It's to prevent body parts (fingers, head etc.) getting trapped in the window when it's on auto close. If there's a fault with the anti pinch device, the window will not auto close.

Dave.

Re: Help stilo jtd prob

is there any way to check or disabal the anti pinch sensor so the message goes away and the window shuts

also after i start it it says ENGINE FAULT STOP wut the check engine light does not come on and the car drives 100%

my stilo drivers window will open but when you shut it it will only go up bit by bit and the display says anti pinch sensor fault what can i do about this or can i disable it

measure the resistance of the anti-squashing sensor, pressed= less than 400 ohm, released between 400 and 1500 ohm and if it's broken it's more than 1500 ohm.
i guess the cable will be somewhere near the mirror on the bottom of the rubber strip.

my stilo drivers window will open but when you shut it it will only go up bit by bit and the display says anti pinch sensor fault what can i do about this or can i disable it

The sensor is the lowest point of the top window rubber channel and runs the entire top and front length of the channel. Try it on the passenger side window (if that works). Auto lift the window and press under the rubber. Once you know where it's located, look at the drivers' side one to see if there are any obvious breaks. If not. you need to take the door card and inner door panel off to check the connections and measure the resistance of the sensor.

The wiring is inside the door panel and connects directly via 2 wires to the Door Control Module which is also inside the door. The 2 wires for the drivers door are light blue/dark blue and white/dark blue.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back