Tuning Air Filter upgrade

Currently reading:
Tuning Air Filter upgrade

Akatosh

Hi guys. I've recently bought myself a '96 Barchetta, and I have an unused CDA carbon air filter that I'm hoping to install. Can I just cut one of the hoses and slot it in? Or do I need to replace the original with my racing one? (pics would be great)

Also, if I do put it in, will I need to remap the ECU? And if so, how do I do it? I have the burgundy key.

Okay, I went ahead and chopped the hose going from the original filter to the carb, and popped the CDA onto the end going to the carb. I'm aware not connecting the other end won't give me very cool air, but i'm not fussed. However, when I came to start the B, she idled for a few seconds before cutting out. I tried several times before giving up. It was only when I began Duct taping the original hose back together, I realised the stock filter has a sensor on it, which I'm guessing has something to do with it. Anyway I can disable the sensor, or reset the ECU. I tried disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds...
Any suggestions?

euhm. stupid move. I hope you didn't cut the hose on the throttle valve because (if you find it) cost BIG money.

You do need to put the air flow sensor between the throtle valve and your cda.
How else would the ecu know how much air the engine is getting?

Back