Advice wanted!

Currently reading:
Advice wanted!

drew HGT

Had my car done over twice in the space of a month. Waiting to get my hands on a garage, but in the mean time, I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent alarm systems which would be triggered if someone was to get close to the car?

Had my car done over twice in the space of a month. Waiting to get my hands on a garage, but in the mean time, I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent alarm systems which would be triggered if someone was to get close to the car?

A compleatly unreasonable soloution!

Concider your neighbours and the practicality of your concidered alarm system. Someone innocent walks past and your alarm blasts off.

Think you've the wrong idea of what an alarm is / is for

My suggestion would be get a good alarm system and find a garage to rent that you can put your car in.

yer as i say i'm waiting to get a garage.

as for "considering my neighbours" on one side, he puts briks through peoples windows who park in 'his' spot, and the other side, that one drills holes THROUGH into our house, so,,, fcuk the neighbours tbh

Someone innocent walks past and your alarm blasts off.

Think you've the wrong idea of what an alarm is / is for

pluss, where I live,,, nobody innocent walks past. every night someone gets their car keyed, or mirrors kicked off, or cars walked over.

and i'd rather have an alarm that lets me know someones too close to my car for comfort, rather than letting me know my windows are out and radio is gone - i'd find that out myself the next morning

Just my opinion but i was to get another alarm i would be looking at a Cobra,Clifford,Thatchman alrarm system plus any alarm with a thatchman certificate will get money off your insurance etc

I can do that as long as you realise the implications
or you can have warn away that beeps when they get to close?

Ian

I got a Toad AI606 with dual microwave sensor.
One covers the interior and one creates an invisible field around the outside of the car.
They are both adjustable and if it gets too anoying you can turn them off from the remote but still have the alarm active.
You also get the prewarn feature, when you go close it will beep 4/5 times, if you get closer then the alarm will trigger.
I've had it on my car for over 9 years now, its a great alarm, and comes with battery back up siren.
It's also thatcham 1 approved....

Back