General Advice on selling - private / dealer / cutting losses?

Currently reading:
General Advice on selling - private / dealer / cutting losses?

nathonjones

Looking for some advice on selling a 55 plate Fiat Multipla with just 46k on the clock, one owner from new (me!), and slight crumple damage to the front drivers side wing.

I basically need to clear £1800.00 of finance still oustanding on the vehicle and get myself a 12 month runaround (Vauxhall / Ford - something more reliable in the winter!).

What would your advice be?

Webuyanycar only valued it at around £1800.00, without looking at the damage in person (online valuation) so that's not going to get me a wee run around.

Most car dealerships seem uninterested in vehicles that are 6-7 years old.

Autotrader?

Would appreciate any advice that could be offered. Thanks.

Regards
Nath.

Exclude anything other than a private sale - here or - anywhere else

In excellent condition, main dealer serviced figures around £2300 are dealer retail prices.

Webuyanycar, like those companies that buy used gold are well known for giving a forward guesstimate price of ' x ' and reduce it by 20%+ when they actually commit to buy so you are unlikely to get £2k [ ish ] from them.

That's why Jesus threw the moneylenders out of the temple :D

Best of luck - nathonjones

Other than the cosmetic damage, is there any reason why you can't just continue to run the Multi until the finance agreement is completed? You mention reliability but as long as you take the time to get the vehicle ready for winter (coolant, tyres, etc) there's no reason why the Multi can't cope just as well as any Corsa or Fiesta. Either that or if it's a case of fuel economy, have a look in the classifieds at Cinq/Sei as a 2nd car (and mark the Multi as SORN for now) - brilliant in the snow on standard wheels/tyres as they're so small and light they just skip across the surface, and only a few hundred ££'s :)

Back