Panda 2012+ Advice on Dealership to TRUST

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Advice on Dealership to TRUST

madam yap

Good day All,
Well, further to all my previous threads, while I was agonising as to whether to buy my first Fiat ( a Panda 4 x 4 ) in spite of all the constant bad press this Manufacturer and their Dealerships attract.

I had some really good advice and sound common sense from you, which gave me heart.
A couple of you made a telling point - the Dealership you choose is key. For both the purchase, and the ongoing servicing and support thereafter.

So, now at last, I have the money to go ahead and make the purchase.

I live near Southampton, and the question now is can anybody, from experience, advise me which Dealership within a reasonable distance to choose - or avoid ?

As ever, your response will be valued.

Hi madam yap,

I live in Devon now, before then we lived in Cardiff, but I am originally from near (Beastly) Eastleigh. You can understand why I left....!(y)

I have never dealt with any FIAT dealers in the Hampshire area, but if you are willing to travel a bit further, I'd wholeheartedly recommend Griffin Mill near Pontypridd. deeyup knows one of the guys who works there. We bought our old 500 from there in 2009 and I have always found them to be really clued up.

OK, it's a 2 and a half hour trip from Soton, but if you are going to spend £15k on a new car, I think it is worth using up a day and maybe £50-60 worth of petrol.

Appreciate they may be too far for you to go to, and I'm sure that there will be some more suggestions closer to home!:D But that's my recommendation anyway.

Edit: by the way, I accept of course that would only be a solution for the sales side of things. Of course it wouldn't be realistic for you to travel to South Wales to get servicing/warranty work done!

Last edited:
From looking on Fiat.co.uk, quite a few dealerships near to the SO postcode area have good customer ratings, 4 or 5 stars.

However, the only one I've heard several positive comments about is PDH Garages. They have a dealership in Worthing and another in Hassocks. They've been Fiat for a number of years (not sure exactly how many but they were Fiat when I first got a Punto 10 years ago) and a few members on here have had positive things to say about them.

I remember when visiting Brighton/Sussex there were always an awful lot of cars with PDH stickers in the back too - with some competition nearby I'd have thought if they were awful to deal with, people wouldn't still be buying from them, so I'd give them a try. Not exactly on the doorstep but not too horrific either.

Liam

Back