Ducato additional heating on Fiat Ducato

Currently reading:
Ducato additional heating on Fiat Ducato

Laikabrian

Hi I am new to this forum,

We have purchased a Laika motorhome 2007 year on a multijet 130 chassis, their is an fiat factory fitted additional heater ( which is moved by Laika a little further back ) in the habitation unit, it is not working on the solenoid fitted under the cab heater to allow the hot coolant through too the additional heater or the fan fitted at this heater matrix, the system is activated by a switch (with fan icon) to the right of the steering wheel (RHD) on a panel which selects modes for the dash, anyone know which relay/relays controls this unit or have a wiring diagram please?

So neither the valve controlling the flow of coolant nor the fan are working? I have an aux heater and its a manual valve. If its all electric then you need to start there.

Issue resolved,
I found on this forum an uploaded training manual which contained electrical information, so we have 3 fuse/ relay units, 1 in the engine compartment 2 under the dash & 3 in the right hand side door pillar, the connection to the MH electric system is here, the fuse and relay for the additional heater is in here also, just a poor contact as all I did was remove each to check the fuse and give a good contact to the blades of the fuse and relay, system working correctly now. access is very poor as the plastic panel wraps around the pillar and so is held in by the MH set up. I removed the cover over the hand brake lever and removed two screws from the panel at the door pillar and bent the panel back just enough to perform as above, if more in depth procedures were required it would be a bit of a job to fully remove the cover from the door pillar. Hope above might help someone in future.

Hi, I know that I arrive a bit late on that one, but I'll ask my (simple) question in case:

Is there a solenoid?

Back