Technical AAAGHHH! Pinking! Help!!!!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical AAAGHHH! Pinking! Help!!!!!!!

Had the head gasket done about a year ago, new thermostat too. the warning has been on since ive owned it....however i didnt realise this until i found out it was supposed to have one and mine never lit up when starting the ignition....thought id change the bulb......ther was no bulb in it! so.......its been on for a while...i found this out about 2 months ago, took it to the garage and its coming up with a mapping sensor wiring fault??????? but its only just started pinking last couple of days. Ive not had any overheating issues to date, she never goes over 95 degrees, fan always cuts in. Puzzling. The only running issue ive had, is erratic idling, which im guessing is linked to the mapping sensor:confused:

saving money in piggy bank?

Noel

The engine might be too hot, is the header tank level stationary, at the maxium, and have you bleed the coolant rescently?

But probably you need a substitute MAP sensor to borrow or purchase, if it makes a difference.

Have you still got the old MAP sensor, new ones have had infant death problems occassionally?

Noel

i had to clear the codes about 3 or four times on my sei before the fault code would go. and stop-starting the car between each clear. my old p.60 used to pink with cheapy unleaded in the first few months of owning.but after thrashing it it went.
try high octane fuel or different garage. i wouldnt put it past petrol manufacturers lowering the octane to make more millions
try some redex maybe theres a lot of carbon buit up.

i had to clear the codes about 3 or four times on my sei before the fault code would go. and stop-starting the car between each clear. my old p.60 used to pink with cheapy unleaded in the first few months of owning.but after thrashing it it went.
try high octane fuel or different garage. i wouldnt put it past petrol manufacturers lowering the octane to make more millions
try some redex maybe theres a lot of carbon buit up.

Thanks Tony, Its not happened for the last day....i did fill up with fuel while i was on hols in wales....and its still in the system so it could be that.....was'nt a brand ive used before. Also it did pink once before when i stupidly used supermarket vodka, i mean petrol lol. Almost left the tank now, so i'll run it low and fill up with my usual fuel. Also i regularly use redex...brilliant stuff.

Back