Technical 899cc Cinq - rough running

Currently reading:
Technical 899cc Cinq - rough running

1275GT

Hi all, hope someone can help. After running fine for ages, my Cinq out of the blue lights up it's little injector light and idles like a pig. It starts and goes ok ( if a little rough ), and the injector light comes and goes - I'm sure I can feel a little cough when the light comes on - and petrol consumption seems to have gone up. I haven't had a chance to look at anything yet, but I'm suspecting it may be the Lambda Sensor? Or a sign of something more sinister? ( Or perhaps a good time to tell the wife it's shagged and do a 1242 conversion on the sly ?????? )
Any thought's / hints gratefully recived.
Cheers, Neil

1242 conversion on an 899 is more hassle than its worth mate,

check out the FAQ's for more info,

now your rough running problem,the light you describe is an injector light,maybe needs replaced,if you can get a diagnostics test done by someone and it will bring up the fault codes

now ,there is a breather pipe coming from the throttle body,going to the map sensor ( bolted near the ecu) if the pipe has split or the map sensor has nackered itself out then you will get extremely rough idling and the car wont run right at all,when you press the accelerator it will sound like a scooter or something like trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi garyaird11, thanks for the response.
I've gened-up on the conversion - I understand about it being easier to use a Sporting as a base, but my car is very clean and low milage, plus I'm a big "stealth" fan !
I did give that pipe a quick eye-ball and it looked ok, although I should know from my dealings with Mini's ( they have a similar pipe dizzy to carb ) that looks arn't everything !!
To be honest, I didn't think it would be the map sensor, as it dosen't run that bad once going - it's rough on start-up and ideling. Does anyone know if you can test a map sensor? Or is it just a case of swaping it out?
I don't know of anywhere near me who can do a diagnostics check - my local oily rag can't. Does anyone know any Fiat-friendly place somewhere between Huntingdon and Peterborough at all?
Cheers, Neil

well the 1242 can be done on an 899,its just going to cost a bit,better get a wrecked sporting and strip that down maybe?

map sensor,if it runs ok when going then i dont think it will be the map sensor.

mine is running a bit rough on start up aswell,and mine is a 1996 899cc,it sorts itself out once heated up though ?

Back