Technical 650 head on 600 cylinders

Currently reading:
Technical 650 head on 600 cylinders

Hi. I am rejuvenating a fiat 500R engine. I have been offered a 126 650 head in good condition - will the two go together?

Hi. I am rejuvenating a fiat 500R engine. I have been offered a 126 650 head in good condition - will the two go together?
Physically, it will fit--but I am not quite sure of the difference in combustion chamber area or circumference. I have both in my workshop, I will try and measure them tomorrow for you.

Many thanks. Back in Oct I posted about the ignition system on another engine I am running (126P ELX distributorless) very kindly you offered to put me in touch with a guy who had some expertise in that area. I have tried to contact you on the email address you provided but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe you could send me contact details? Thanks for your help.

Many thanks. Back in Oct I posted about the ignition system on another engine I am running (126P ELX distributorless) very kindly you offered to put me in touch with a guy who had some expertise in that area. I have tried to contact you on the email address you provided but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe you could send me contact details? Thanks for your help.
Contact me on:-- [email protected] will pass on the details of my colleague to you. Sorry you message didn't get through last time.

Contact me on:-- [email protected] will pass on the details of my colleague to you. Sorry you message didn't get through last time.
I have checked a '594' head gasket against the combustion chamber of a '652'. As the '594' head gasket is about 3mm SMALLER than the '652' combustion chamber (it is smaller by about 1-1/2mm all the way round), I cannot advocate the use of the '652' head on the 500R engine. What is wrong with the 500R head? Is it damaged to a 'beyond repair' condition?

I have checked a '594' head gasket against the combustion chamber of a '652'. As the '594' head gasket is about 3mm SMALLER than the '652' combustion chamber (it is smaller by about 1-1/2mm all the way round), I cannot advocate the use of the '652' head on the 500R engine. What is wrong with the 500R head? Is it damaged to a 'beyond repair' condition?
I don't have the 600 head. I'm building the engine up from a sound 600 crankcase that I got in a job lot. I'll give your email address another go.

Back