Technical 500e Software Update Question

Currently reading:
Technical 500e Software Update Question

Nic82

Hi,

I was due to pick up a nearly new 23 plate La Prima this week but dealer called to say the car would not be able to be collected until late next month due to it needing a software update to do with the battery. Dealer said they didn’t want to give me the car until the update is done in case I experienced any issues with it.

Taking the leap to electric was huge for me and this is putting me off taking the car I’m considering cancelling and keeping my much loved 9 year old 500c Lounge.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or has heard anything about this? It sounds slightly fishy given people must be currently driving around in cars that are requiring this update!

Thanks

That sounds very unlikely to be honest. The only ‘major’ update I know of should have been on that car from new as far as I know. Even if not then it should take an hour or two at most to apply. Tell them that and if their answer smells wrong cancel and buy elsewhere. There are plenty about and they’re very good little cars you won’t be disappointed.

Hi,

I was due to pick up a nearly new 23 plate La Prima this week but dealer called to say the car would not be able to be collected until late next month due to it needing a software update to do with the battery. Dealer said they didn’t want to give me the car until the update is done in case I experienced any issues with it.

Taking the leap to electric was huge for me and this is putting me off taking the car I’m considering cancelling and keeping my much loved 9 year old 500c Lounge.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or has heard anything about this? It sounds slightly fishy given people must be currently driving around in cars that are requiring this update!

Thanks
No software update takes a month to apply. Maybe the car has a fault already known to FIAT, and they are trying to develop an update to address it. It may take longer!

No software update takes a month to apply. Maybe the car has a fault already known to FIAT, and they are trying to develop an update to address it. It may take longer
I think you could be right as they said the update won’t be available until end of May not that it would take that long to apply, I worded my initial post poorly!
That is also my worry that it could be longer. Dealer is calling back this week to see what I want to do so will quiz them more about it and take it from there. Thanks!

I think you could be right as they said the update won’t be available until end of May not that it would take that long to apply, I worded my initial post poorly!
That is also my worry that it could be longer. Dealer is calling back this week to see what I want to do so will quiz them more about it and take it from there. Thanks!

I’m pretty sure they’re covering something else up.

Then walk away. There are lots of others.
I’m pretty sure they’re covering something else up.
Yeah quite possibly, this was my thoughts also. Dealer had said they could get me an Icon but there are no other La Prima available. Will hopefully get some more answers from the dealer this week to help make my decision. Thanks 😊

Yeah quite possibly, this was my thoughts also. Dealer had said they could get me an Icon but there are no other La Prima available. Will hopefully get some more answers from the dealer this week to help make my decision. Thanks 😊

Go to another dealer. Why continue with one that ‘smells’ wrong?

We don’t have a lot of choice for Fiat in Scotland anymore unfortunately. I’ve used this dealer for all my Fiats and never had an issue with them until this. The only other dealer I know of up here can’t compete with their prices, 8/9k of a difference. At least the car will still be under warranty if I do decide to go ahead with it and the dealer is not pressuring me to take it so that gives me some comfort.

Doesn't sound right to me. Can't see that they would have one model that they can give you without any concerns but the other one is being held back for an impending software update......

If it's the dealership I think it is, they're awash with Icons and Reds in stock so presumably want to shift these.

Back