General 4-2-1 manafold

Currently reading:
General 4-2-1 manafold

eskimo_god

They really smell bad
started fitting my supersprint manifold tonight things have gone badly :bang:
think it will be the pushbike to work tomoz(n)

anyway could do with a bit of help
1 whats the best way to get it through the hole do you have to take the radiator hoses off?
2 striped the thread on my lambda sensor anything can it run without it?

thought that would be the answer will most motor factors sell lambda sensors or would it be a dealer thing?

Take the oil filter off it gives you a bit more room to manouvre but it will go in with everthing else in place just! and as you've found out put the lambda sensor on when you have it fitted.

also are you keeping the cat? if you are you might need to modify the flange/sleave that is supplied with the supersprint in my case it was a bit too long and it pushed the cat back so that it was catching on the ARB.

I shortened the pipe into the cat so it was just long enough to get a decent seal with a big clamp. I then shortened the super sprint section by about 1.5-2cm's and fitted it together with 2 clamps and lots or exhaust paste.

in the end when i "emptied" the cat I made the cat can a bit shorter

you will also need to fit the springs so they face forward if you do this (which is technically the wrong way around) otherwise they will foul on the cat

Last edited:
started fitting my supersprint manifold tonight things have gone badly :bang:
think it will be the pushbike to work tomoz(n)

anyway could do with a bit of help
1 whats the best way to get it through the hole do you have to take the radiator hoses off?
2 striped the thread on my lambda sensor anything can it run without it?

just asmall tip to anyone removing lambda sensor, apply some heat round where it enters exhaust comes off easily. don,t do it when pipes are hot , u,ll burn u,rself [when car is hot ](y)

and remember its a knuclke joint, its meant to have play. do not tighten them so the sprigns are solid.

Unless you still have a flexi or other Nuckle joint then it doesn't matter that much,

On a full supersprint system this is the only flexible part but of you are mating it to another make of system this system they quite often have the system flexi after the cat

Back