Technical 230 - Front door stop

Currently reading:
Technical 230 - Front door stop

runesim

Hi Guys,

When i bought my 2000 Ducato motorhome, the door stops on both front doors were sounding very bad. First thing i did, was to remove the door stops and order new ones. Was of the impression that the door stops had grown stuck.

New ones arrived today, unfortunately with no new bolts and nuts. Mounted new one, however there's still a very bad popping sound when opening and closing the doors.

Do i need a new bolt for the doorstop or why does it still run so badly? Part number?

I am afraid the mount will snap of the car body, as i have had this happen before on another car.

Thank you

Door stops?
The usually brass coloured strap the goes inside the door often called a check strap?
The pins wear the hinges so start moving while the doors opening changing the strap normally fixes it for a while anyway

Hi Chris

Yes i see - its actually called a check strap. Directly translated from Danish is door stop ;)

I have bought new check straps, however it seems that its actually the pin, fixing it to the car body that is causing this.

I am a bit surprised that the new check straps are so tight. They seem to be very tough on that little pin bolt.

Do you by any chance know the part number of the correct pin?

thanks

Back