as im sure you know im having dramas with my boost,
can you please post on here

at what revs the max boost (psi) is reached and in all gears .. ie

10 psi @ 4000rpm in 1st
10 psi @ 4000 rpm in 2nd
14.5 psi @ 4000rpm in 3rd

etc

thanks,

mine is only boosting 10 psi or around 0.7 bar in all gears and sometimes boosts 14 psi or around 1 bar in 3rd gear,, which is the second kick i talk about in the other posts,.

many thanks

The 20VT ECU reduces boost in 1st and 2nd gears when it detects boost rising too quickly

It uses the electronic bleed valve to regulate the boost - I reckon yours is failing or sticky

Here's what a standard car should be showing:

1st + 2nd gear @ 4000rpm: 11.6 PSI / .8 BAR
3rd,4th,5th gear @ 4000rpm: 14.5 PSI / 1 BAR

My car:

1st - 5th Gear @ 4000rpm: 18PSI / 1.25 BAR

thanks guys for the replies,,, problem is now fixed... had a fiddle about and cleaned everything,, turns out the wasnt a hose clip on the actuator pipe from the boost solonoid. clipped it and shes a rocket again,,
quick question ,, does the big end clunk from first start to hot with no let up... ? cheers for help

quick question ,, does the big end clunk from first start to hot with no let up...

The big ends should never clunk, hot or cold - the 20vt lump is pretty quiet mechanically, with just a small amount of tappet rattle for a second or two if it hasn't been started for a couple of days

If you have any kind of clunking noise from the engine, you need to investigate immediately - leaving it will make it get a lot worse, VERY quickly (like it could fail on the next journey)

• Thanks
Reactions: Ori
Depends what you mean by clunk? I have a bit of noise from the engine which I thought wasn't right, but roger at Power Italia took one look at said thats normal.
If you are not sure then you must get it looked at ASAP. Inside the car, I can't even hear the engine at all so its pretty quite normally!

Lesson to all you kids out there. Always look over your answers!!! ;)
Quite quiet!!! ;)

Back