20v Inlet manifold for ITBs?

Currently reading:
20v Inlet manifold for ITBs?

A

Anonymous

Sorry for the random first post.

Does anyone know of an inlet manifold to suit Individual Throttle Bodies on a 20v engine?

Obviously it's a long shot, but I'm thinking Fiat might have done it on a Bravo/Brava racing car of some description?

Thanks.

you know ive been looking for this 4 a while, on this and other forums.!!!

the closest i got to finding any info was about building your own using individual bike tb's!
:)

would love to know if its possible tho, dont wna spend 2/3k on the 20vt conversion! :)

they did used to rally the bravo but not sure what kind of engine it had etc! try goooooogle for sum pics then let us know! ;)

You're limited to 1 throttle body for rallying.

They still get ~280BHP from 2ltrs with a single throttle body though.

TBH, I'm looking to do it more for the noise than the power lol. I know it would give considerably more power as well, which is a bonus.

Just had a thought, maybe something from a 5 cyl Audi could be adapted?

"I know it would give considerably more power as well"

Err.. no. Common missconception.

Why is it a misconception?

I've had Throttle bodied engines before, they all make a lot more power than standard.

with tom. throttle bodies alone wont make a huge increase in bhp

Plus fitting the throttle bodies is the least of your worries. The stock ECU will have to be ditched and replaced with something that can be programmed to work with them.

Yeah, I've got that covered Tom.

Is that what you meant before?

Waste of time and money and you don't gain much at all. ECU sorted please enlighten me?

i got quoted on a c16xe £3000 for a 180bhpish 'kit' if you like. parts only. and then theres the drivetrain etc.. mega £££££

would have been undrivable round town as was meant for track use only. if you want a big increase youve got to go the whole 9 yards, and then you couldnt take it off your drive