General 2019 Tipo 1.6 diesel

Currently reading:
General 2019 Tipo 1.6 diesel

digger58

Established member
Thinking of buying one, quite impressed, anything to look out for, lot of water in the spare wheel well!

I had one for three years and it was virtually faultless.

The only problem was an intermittent radio reception on DAB, eventually no DAB. The problem was the aerial base in the roof.

Its a well known issue, but the dealer still insisted on a diagnostic, luckily it was under warranty.

Its not a big job to fix, so wouldn't be a deal breaker; any decent Indy can fix it.

Because of the age, and its not old, there will be things like battery that will need changing at some point. The suspension bushes will be wearing, something to be aware of with any car of this age.

I liked my Tipo, more than I thought I would, we got it because we suddenly needed more space than the Abarth 595 had to offer!

It was comfortable and easy to drive, more of a cruiser than a back laner.

We miss the massive boot sometimes, the boot on the 500x isn't massive.

I've always said that if say Skoda made it, the press would've loved it...

Bravo 198 was similar. I likde that more every mile I drove it. Comforatble, competant and very economical, quiet and reasonably quick when needed, an excellent tow cat. I am still very tempted by a Tipo, I tried one when changing the Bravo after 108K and it was very similar and a little bit better in a number af ways. What the motoring press says is really shameful. I had a company Focus that was brand new, and bought my own car instead moving from ne to teh other showed just how stupid the motoring press comments are. The Bravo was a better bet for high mileage. Less twitchy and good enough to not feel in the least bit inferior. Tyre and brake wear was staggeringly good. as well. Anyone thinking of a Tipo should be well pleased.

Back