Grande Punto 2007 Punto air con and radiator fan not working

Currently reading:
Grande Punto 2007 Punto air con and radiator fan not working

jimmy83

Hello all, I have just brought a 2007 Punto 4 door with the 1.3 multijet TD engine. the engine was replaced 3 months ago and all systems work apat from the aircon which is not getting cold. the snow flake and recirculation lights come on when the buttons are pressed. i had read that the radiator fan should come on during aircon operation??? (this may have been a different model) it doesn't come on when aircon is turned on. i have checked fuses in the engine bay only and they are all good??? i have no idea what to look for next and i have been searching google all day, any help would be highly appriciated as the temperature here in Australia can easily hit 40+ deg c

System probably needs gas, all lights and buttons will work as normal but without gas the aircon compressor clutch won't activate and the radiator fan won't run because there is no need for it to.

It might be without gas because of the engine change, but it could also be because there was a problem and the gas has either leaked or not put in

Hi Andy thanks for the reply, I spoke to the mechanic who did the swap and he told me they used the original compressor and as such they didn't need to dump the gas, i wonder if i could take the filling caps off and try to depress the valve to see if there is compressed gas in there????

Hi Andy thanks for the reply, I spoke to the mechanic who did the swap and he told me they used the original compressor and as such they didn't need to dump the gas, i wonder if i could take the filling caps off and try to depress the valve to see if there is compressed gas in there????

I wouldn't! The gas is poisonous and may make you light head or cause you to vomit.

The system may well have needed a re-gas anyway before the engine swap. They say it should be done every two years (and that's in the UK where we only use it for 10 days each year).

ok so today after trying to spray my wastegate with wd40 i found that the smaller hose joining to the aircon pipes is buggered, it has like a collet type connection that pulls off easy and doesn't seem to lock up like the bigger hose, i would guess this is the problem

Back