Technical 2003 Punto 1.2 8v - Gearbox Oil filler location

Currently reading:
Technical 2003 Punto 1.2 8v - Gearbox Oil filler location

calum717

Hi everyone, hope you're well.

I've searched the forum for some info on the location of my gearbox oil filler but all I can find is are threads saying that it's a 12m allen key on top of the box. I've been out there for 30 mins looking all over my engine bay but just can't see it. I've also googled and looked through my manuals but there are very few pictures - probably because for most people its an easy job!

Does anyone have an actual picture of where the cap is in the engine or can anyone explain where it is in relation to, say, the battery shelf? is it directly below or back to the right etc? Sorry but its reaaaaaally frustrating! Does it have a cap covering the allen key bolt? I can see what looks like a smooth black plastic round cap on top of some sort of housing under the battery tray but not sure if this is it.

Cheers :)

here
i posted this for someone the other day but it disappeared

Attachments

• DSC05485.JPG
    DSC05485.JPG
    342 KB · Views: 272
It'll be the same on a 6 speed. Front face, and the only thing on the gearbox that'll take a 12mm allen key.

Incidentally, to get the level right, find level ground, undo the plug, pop flexi hose from gear oil container in hole, squeeeze gently until it dribbles out, wait till dribbling stops, replace plug.

Don't do it with the car jacked up!

well to be honest - dribbling slowly or not dribbling, its not going to make a difference

as long as there is signs of it been at the filler bung your fine
If it gushed out - then it was overfilled

I have tipped the car back and put more oil in - as a little extra wont hurt

Esp with the whitesei' and mines thoery of british cars road starvation

Ziggy

Back