General 2002 reg 2.0l 16v jtd speedo/odometer probs

Currently reading:
General 2002 reg 2.0l 16v jtd speedo/odometer probs

stevegoulding

Hi There,
After checking all the electrical connections that I could get to, I then decided to replace the speedo sensor (see my post regarding 'Where is the gearbox breather pipe!)
As this did not solve the problem of the wildly fluctuating/non-moving speedo needle, I did some in-depth surfing and found a couple of places that renovated/repaired the complete instrument panel for just over £100.
My odometer had given up completely months ago, so I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. I sent the complete panel off on the Wednesday morning and it was returned the following Monday. Having refitted the refurbished unit everything now works a treat!!!!!!!! What a joy it is to be legal now.
(Other than being a customer of cartronix.co.uk I have no other connection with them, but can highly reccommend their services to other sufferers of Fiat's cheap & nasty instrument panels.)
Did you know that the electrics connecting the odometer to the panel's PC board consists of a thin strip of ribbon 'film' stuck to the board! No wonder people have so many problems with fragmented digits, or no mileage display at all.

Back