Technical 2.0 16v - low engine temperature

Currently reading:
Technical 2.0 16v - low engine temperature

tipo4life

after idling for about 10 minutes, the temperature reaches it's optimal level (90 degrees celsius). after driving for less then a minute, it decreases to 70 degrees. i've changer the thermostat (original fiat), but the same thing keeps happening. it's a bit better, but not much. what else could be causing this? or should i ask for my money back and buy another thermostat? thanx in advance

i think the temperature for opening should be between 81-85. it's around 20 degrees here. no, the fan wasnt on, it engages when temperature reaches 91-92, something like that...

just changed another thermostat today... nothing changed... :( any ideas, guys?

btw i've also changed the temperature indicator...

I have this on my Coupe 16v. I suspect it is either the sender or the gauge, as I also replaced the 'stat to no avail. Would love to know if it is something else though - maybe it would help the fuel consumption if it is truly that cold and could be made to run at normal temperature!

James

I wouldn't be to concerned if everything else is ok. My 16v - which I have had for 10 years has always run on the cold side according to the guage and many others I have come across over the years have done the same thing.

MIKE

Back