1996 Bravo 1.4 not starting :(

Currently reading:
1996 Bravo 1.4 not starting :(

S

Simon

Okies... a little bit of background.....

The missuses car has just had an MOT, then a few days later, poof - stalls just after being started, then now will not start.

I've checked the following ;

Spark plugs (all dry) - good sparks on all 4.
Fuel pump buzzes when ignition turned.
Fuel cutoff button has been reset.
Top of carb (plastics) taken off, and fuel pipe towards the front of the carb removed - when ignition is turned, fuel comes out.
Fuel manually poured into carb body, and when ignition turned, you can hear the engine attempt to start on this bit of fuel, so compression is all ok.

At this point I'm guessing that the fuel cutoff switch could be permanently faulty?
Can I just short out the two wires that go into the switch to temporarily bypass the switch to fault find a bit more?

Has anyone else has a similar issue?

HELP!!

Cheers :)

Have you tested the Crank Sensor\Timing Sensor... do you have an Injector warning light (engine management) illuminated on the drivers console....

P010810_075601.jpg

Yep - checked out the crank sensor (and what a bloody awkward place that is!)

I've had the injector out, fuel is getting to the assembly unit, but the injector is just not allowing fuel to go through.

ECU is sending signals to the connection, but with no other way of testing the injector, it looks like I'm going to have to find one of these!

I'm guessing that the best cost option is to find a breaker?

:(

Hahahaha!

Fiat want £330.24 for a replacement unit.

Breakers here I come.....!