Ducato 1983 Motorhome of unknown builder

Currently reading:
Ducato 1983 Motorhome of unknown builder

Arcos

Just picked up a 1983 motorhome, originally from Germany, builder unknown.

She is a beaut and amazing condition for her age inside and out. 200,000km from new with service history!

However, I am sure to be a regular here for those little things that 'oldtimers' throw up without warning!

Well, here's my new baby, big baby!

42558971_2117504338259574_6780884707543351296_n.jpg

The writing on the front, I think, says Cinzena or similar (I hate fancy fonts!)

Looks ok, just need to watch water doesn't get in at one of those roof and wall joints. And around windows of course. Did I say doors and hatches..

Thanks Goggs!

The seams were the first thing I checked when I checked her over. To be asked by the owner "Are you looking for damp?" Well, of course.

I was shown a patch of damp from a couple of years ago and told that all roof seams had been professionally sealed and no leaks since. I didn't even need to ask for a ladder to check ;-) And, sure enough, everything is nicely sealed. However, I will be keeping a close eye on it over the coming winter. Hopefully won't be too much rain in southern Europe ;-) but you never know!

One of my colleagues retired and is currently travelling Europe in his Talbot badged camper van. Not a coach built like yours, though.

But his has been very reliable and he loves it.

Still got your picture blown up and replacing our fire in living room at moment. Gives off quite a bit heat, must have been hot there...

Goggs

Today 30 degrees in the shade late afternoon!

Looks like we will have to head to the beach AGAIN this coming weekend :(

I just hate the life in warmer climates :D

Back