Tuning 16v tuning - remap

Currently reading:
Tuning 16v tuning - remap

very interesting! with the mk1 cams as well, should be even better gains? unless the lower power in mk2/coupe was due a fair bit to the map of the engine? hmmmmm..... if i was keeping mine i'd be very inclined to have that done. :(

so would the chip go on to my tipo? noticed the coupe is only 136bhp and the chip knocks it upto 149bhp, the tipo is 149bhp (well when it was new it was) so the chip should put it upto 162bhp if that is how it works!

Ive dynoed a few 16V Tipos and they all made peak power around 6000 rpm, far higher than that stock Coupe.

so would the chip go on to my tipo? noticed the coupe is only 136bhp and the chip knocks it upto 149bhp, the tipo is 149bhp (well when it was new it was) so the chip should put it upto 162bhp if that is how it works!

Not quite how it works, I would say that the best results for the 5 door would be the custom remap, I can ask Leighton if you like about price, as for results who knows, if the peak torque can be extended a bit on the 5 door higher up the rpm range then it will make a notable difference.

Not quite how it works, I would say that the best results for the 5 door would be the custom remap, I can ask Leighton if you like about price, as for results who knows, if the peak torque can be extended a bit on the 5 door higher up the rpm range then it will make a notable difference.
my engine is out of a 3 door with just the inlet off the 5 door, so would the chip he has designed work or would i still have to get a custom remap?

which ECU did you use the 5 or 3, if its a 3 then ok, if its a 5 then I think tailoring it would still be better - just a question of optimising rather then not quite hitting the mark.

which ECU did you use the 5 or 3, if its a 3 then ok, if its a 5 then I think tailoring it would still be better - just a question of optimising rather then not quite hitting the mark.
its the 5 door ecu thats running it, the 3 door sedi got nicked before i had chance to take the ecu off it with all the other bits that would of come in handy:mad:

Hi guys, just seen this thread, thanks Rich for giving everyone a heads up :)

The chip isn't going to be suitable for the earlier 5dr Tipo but it would be a good upgrade for the later 3dr model as well as the Lancia Delta Nuova.

Of course I can live map both the 3dr and 5dr if anyone wanted a custom map especially with mods.

Any questions fire away...

i keep thinking about this to have a live map. :tempt: saw they're based in bristol...... but i think i have to sell the car.... or do i sell the MG and have a little bit of that money to keep the fiat and do some fettling..... :tempt:

i think i want the MG more though

Back