Technical 16V head swap

Currently reading:
Technical 16V head swap

rpmag

Is anyone one aware of a 16v fiat head that will match up to the 1300cc X19 block or 128 block. Not the Dallara head, but something modern?
It does not have to be a perfect swap, but close may be OK...though perfect would be nice!

There was a lot of discussion about this topic on another forum (mirafiori.com) a little while ago, and although no definative answer as found (and I haven't found an actual head yet) I still think there is a variant of factory head out there that will work.

http://www.mirafiori.com:8080/forumdemo/nonmembers/search.cgi?d=0&conf=Gener.The_X&frames=1

is a link to the mira search engine, search for "16v" in "the racers forum" and read what has happened so far.....

SteveC

i sold a few lancia 16v heads a long time ago to a guy said they fit straight onto the 8v twincam block from the 131...(he did morris minor conversions)

You guys have missed the point a little....

he wants a 16v head on a sohc family block.... the head bolt pattern is different to the twin cam (125 or 132) family of blocks.... a 128A*** or a 138A*** and the very last the M202*** blocks have the "front" (of you look at it mounted east/west) row of mounting bolts where the outer two are offset outwards.... a regular DOHC Fiat engine has the bolts all spaced equidistant form the bore centreline.

There is a group of fiat engines (M645*** ?from memory?) that came in Bravo/brava with 1580cc dohc 16v MPI and the block LOOKS like a sohc block, but the bolt spacing isnt the same as the 128/138 engines... This engine is a pretty much straight fit in for aan X19.... but its all the extras that will take a while if you go this route.
(but the head by itself isn't a straight on fit)

SteveC

Back