Technical 1.6 gbox drain...

Currently reading:
Technical 1.6 gbox drain...

I desperately need to know if that shiney bit of aluminium is supposed to have a bung in it the one below the 12mm hex fill bung

Attachments

• 1369651769012.jpg
    1369651769012.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 169
yeah its not listed at all in ePER... i figured it was a drain but god knows im gonna have to see if i have anything in my man drawer at work... no alex its not the reverse switch position on the 1.6, its part of the selector housing on top of the box on these little engines!

EDIT:-
found this pic in the punto forum... the car is missing the golden coloured bolt i know its not the OFFICIAL drain bung but when i was underneath servicing her (not mine but the brother in laws) i found it not to be there! and as said i cant find it anywhere in ePER
DSC017192.JPG

Last edited:
Ok so turns out its an M8x50/60(ish) bolt. With a blank 'cone' at the end... I think a lot of the bolts on the stilo have this 'locating cone'

I dont know if it is supposed to hold anything inside the box like some sort of cradle or anything. The first maybe 25mm of the hole isnt threaded but after that it is... kind of a weird one.

Anyway, Ive sorted the car it was missing from thanks to a quick trip to the scrappy on my lunch break yesterday just thought I would update you guys on what I found!

Back