Technical 1.4 T-Jet engine oil overfill

Currently reading:
Technical 1.4 T-Jet engine oil overfill

FirstTimeFiatDriver

I recently bought a used Fiat Tipo with the 1.4L T-Jet engine.

Using Motul's lube advisor which usually lists separately the sump capacity and the oil filter's capacity I filled it with 4 liters of engine oil instead of 3,4 liters which is the correct quantity.

The car drove about 1-2 kilometers with a 600 ml surplus of engine oil, which is about 1 to 1,5 cm higher than the Max level on the dipstick.

How prone is the T-Jet engine to any damage caused by the overfill?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

I recently bought a used Fiat Tipo with the 1.4L T-Jet engine.

Using Motul's lube advisor which usually lists separately the sump capacity and the oil filter's capacity I filled it with 4 liters of engine oil instead of 3,4 liters which is the correct quantity.

The car drove about 1-2 kilometers with a 600 ml surplus of engine oil, which is about 1 to 1,5 cm higher than the Max level on the dipstick.

How prone is the T-Jet engine to any damage caused by the overfill?

Thanks in advance for any answers!
If there’s no unusual smoke, no warning lights or strange noises I wouldn’t imagine you’ve done any damage. Just drain out the excess and I’m sure it’ll be fine. Can’t imagine 1.5cm above max would be much different to being started whilst parked on a severe slope. Obviously I could be wrong though 🙂

If there’s no unusual smoke, no warning lights or strange noises I wouldn’t imagine you’ve done any damage. Just drain out the excess and I’m sure it’ll be fine. Can’t imagine 1.5cm above max would be much different to being started whilst parked on a severe slope. Obviously I could be wrong though 🙂
No smoke and no warning lights. Nothing unusual with the car's behavior.
Great point about been parked on a severe slope. I would add not only being parked, but driving on roads with high inclination.

Back