Technical 1.2 lounge regulary not starting first time!

Currently reading:
Technical 1.2 lounge regulary not starting first time!

Windsorian

Hello,

I have a Lounge 1.2 thats regularly not starting first time, what happens is that you turn the key all lights on dashboard come on but little else, not even the starter motor is engaging. then when you the the key again for second time all is well and the engine starts! the car is brand new!

Doe anyone else have this problem?

Could it be a fault already on the starter motor? The cars only done 1000 miles!

If it continues ill take it back to the dealers for them to look it over, like i say its not every time but say 1/20

This happens to me as well, I doubt its starter motor because it always works second time and when I put key in and move the key the starter motor doesn't even engage.

It happens now and then, maybe something like a safety mechanism or when you turn the key too fast?

I think ahmett might be right here, but I think we need some more details first.
Windsorian, can you explain in detail what you do when you put the key in to start up?

Do you turn the key to MAR (so the lights come on the dashboard)?

If so, do you then have problems turning the key one step further to AVV in order to start the car?

If that is true, then it is might be nothing to worry about. We often used to have this in our old 2009 1.2 Pop; for some reason it just wouldn't turn to AVV every now and then.

It seemed to be something to do with the position of the key, or the pressure you were exerting on the key.

Anyway, if you can let us know that would be great.

I think ahmett might be right here, but I think we need some more details first.

@Windsorian, can you explain in detail what you do when you put the key in to start up?

Do you turn the key to MAR (so the lights come on the dashboard)?

If so, do you then have problems turning the key one step further to AVV in order to start the car?

If that is true, then it is might be nothing to worry about. We often used to have this in our old 2009 1.2 Pop; for some reason it just wouldn't turn to AVV every now and then.

It seemed to be something to do with the position of the key, or the pressure you were exerting on the key.

Anyway, if you can let us know that would be great.

I get that and it seems to be related to the steering lock mechanism- if it's locked the steering and the steering is "leaning" on the locking latch, if you see what I mean.

My problem started exactly the same as the OP. Started after about two months and gradually got worse to the point I had to sometimes try more than ten times to start the car. New starter motor was fitted and not had any more problems at all. It has started on our panda 4x4 too, but strange enough only with my partner, so this might be something else.
I would wait till it gets worse so the dealer can experience the problem themselves and find the exact problem.

Back