Technical 04 reg Punto 1.2 8v HELP!!

Currently reading:
Technical 04 reg Punto 1.2 8v HELP!!

dombooth

Staff member
Hi,
04 reg Punto Active 1.2 8v.
A couple of problems...
1) The steering wheel light comes on and doesnt go off. What is it thats gone wrong?
2) The engine light comes on. Whats gone wrong?

What are they and how can i fix them??
Any assistance is welcome.
Thanks
Dom

Steering light, does the steering go very heavy aswell?
If not just replace the battery.

Engine management, need to be more precise, anything happen when it comes on?

Steering light, does the steering go very heavy aswell?
If not just replace the battery.

Engine management, need to be more precise, anything happen when it comes on?

Hi,
Yes the steering is a lot heavier than before. (The battery has just been replaced)

When i start the car the engine light just stays on, i havent noticed anything go wrong. And the light doesnt flash or anything.

Thanks
Dom

Get the code read if you can and see what it throws up, some people don't bother unless the car starts to drive badly or anything is different.

Steering is most likely needing replacing then. Column or motor.

Not that cheap either but depending on where you live I have the entire steering (column and motor etc) that I'm selling from a car I recently broke up. Can give it you cheap

Get the code read if you can and see what it throws up, some people don't bother unless the car starts to drive badly or anything is different.

Steering is most likely needing replacing then. Column or motor.

Not that cheap either but depending on where you live I have the entire steering (column and motor etc) that I'm selling from a car I recently broke up. Can give it you cheap

Hi,
To be honest its still under a 30 day waranty :D at the moment so im going to phone him tuesday. So do you think i should hook it up to a diagnostics computer?
Thanks
Dom

Yeah and see what the code it gives is.

If it's under waranty even better. Tell them to replace and they have to reset ecu anyways so ask them to read the code while they have it hooked up. Although make sure they don't charge you extra

Back