20180123_132706.jpg

Cinquecento pedro :) back in a sporting finally!

Introduction

so most of you would recognise this cinq from the classifieds not too long ago,well over a month anyway!

so i saw i wanted so i bought,went on a little drive in my somehow reliable hyundai pony x2 (gone now!) to view and fell back in love,as per advert this car had plenty already done just few bits away from road worthy!

23998570_10154849176471566_2137672039_o.jpg

so time apssed i got holiday arranged from work,lift sorted with blu73 ,owed me after few trips i done for cars he has purchased ;)

so day trip in the iggy sport,always a blast! is just like a bigger cinq!

yes theres a classic panda here but belonged to a neighbour we where told,good to see tis road worthy still!

so morning upon arrival was spent fixing little bits and bleeding what brakes worked so i can make it the 90 mile drive home (y) ,my first visit when i left a deposit i left a brand new battery with the car.so that got connected,coolant added and bled,more brake fluid,some spacers removed so wheel bolts hold the wheels on!

90 miles like it was nothing,sipped on fuel as they do. went for initial mot at onyl place i seem to use.minor faillist,wipers,headlight bulbs and rear brakes being naff.

so two new rear cylinders ,took wipers from hyundai and headlight bulbs as i knew they where good,fitted what i needed,tightened up a shock on front.

and voila happy to drive cinq!

20180123_132706.jpg

yes bonnet scoop looks silly but is functional! soon be replaced though.
and as of today 23/01/2018 fresh mot :)

few goodies already on him,good wealth of history too,

as fitted

mcritch chip :)
polybushed arb
apex 40mm springs
reconditioned cylinder head

soon add few more bits once i clean him up and get bumper paint sorted!
excuse the potato phone, gave the thing its first wash in god knows how long :)

started polishing one side but daylight was against me for now,so wing and door done started rear quarter but tomorrow il think about the rest :p

need to find one sporting headlight so ive got a pair,re paint mirrors and sort those bumpers out,some laquer peel.

bonnet i like but must be replaced,its crusty beyond belief!

FrankenFIRE II sat in my shed. ;)

Punto 60S 1242cc narrow wall block with a 75 (866) cam'.

Should be within the duty cycle of your Spi set up.

slow progress as of recently, half term means work doesnt stop for me, oh and moving so packing up is priority!

so far theres a slow leak of coolant somewhere,horn now works again,hids installed for now,

still no central locking,
alarm removed,like a nest behind the dash,
rear tyre has slow leak,

but center exit,original airbox and panel filter fitted,new not as rusty bonnet without a scoop fitted,vacum guage working,nice to see tbh!

speedo has leds now so can least see it.

a good wash is due and plan the livery for it,the bonnet that gives me this idea!

so this is where im at atm, cinq has covered over 3.5k of driving mixed.
some dam good blasts on the lanes but alas :/

considering the time the car spent sat before i got to it to make it road worthy again.

new rear cylinders,new brake line, (proud of myself for making them) and drove lovely still loads of mot left.

took it to recent roll district gathering,only cinq there,was hoping for more little fiats though.

was the day after trouble came in form of head gasket.
got outside of the town i work in,misfire and clacking on acceleration :confused:

so next day got lift to car park i left in thankfully pub owners where ok with it in the corner til i can shift it.
took each plug out one by one to see cylindfer no.2 had a tonne of coolant there,expansion tank was empty.

luckily i parked up within a minute of this happening so next job is that dam head gasket before i consider selling it on as project ideas develop atm!

so wanna buy a cinq in a week or two (y)

so small update,big in terms of what ive done!

since head gasket went on the old engine,about 99.7k covered,was time for something a bit more fresh though trying to work out what exactly this engine was assembled of,had new timing belt,thermostat and water pump,much cleaner than what came out!

question,what cylinder head is this?
31913770_10155263074596566_2082749716231094272_n.jpg

its newer but from what? all my spi bits have bolted on easily.

new engine in,all bolts checked and checked again that they wont fall out,seems to drive well,though not as pokey in top end as old one but i do plan for more engine mods as i go along on a second engine using a 1.28v bottom and dual weber carbs,the noise im after!!

looking normal again
31790687_10155263050806566_4168197831565246464_n.jpg

all being well il be at brooklands with pedro

hunting for interior parts too as slowly making it nicer and newer in there as he is used as a daily,allt he old stuff was falling apart so binned them.

for once i made it to brooklands without a hitch,pedro was flawless in doing total 250 miles that day,no leaks,no overheating!

saw some old faces and many new,such an awsome day,i did burn too!

little line up from end of the day (y)

few contacts re-established so handful more mods are on the way!

not alot has changed really,interior be going back in soon,located a few goodies im collecting this weekend to drop in.

then thats it beside getting bumpers painted to clean up the look cinq be left as is :)

good daily and that he shall remain :)love doing 50mpg in this thing!

i seem to be collecting more parts than i need,but surely i need them!
so after a visit down the other end of the uk i grabbed more parts after seeing good friend ;)

33720402_10155313653401566_1856702301792632832_o.jpg

im now in possession of two sets of wheels,not sure which to use,also gained

866 cam and shims
sporting drivers headlight (now have a matching pair!)
ported inlet manifold
new white bonnet with hood pins fitted.

all be added onto the car Tuesday after this darn bank holiday,driving through the thunderstorms was nice though!

well more was done today,fitted the 866 cam,so paired with my mccritch should be interesting, planning on bigger tb and exhaust soon after induction is sorted

fitted my abarth options too,3 years apart now they are back!
33804648_10155317565156566_2414086853771657216_n.jpg

getting there!

so today has been fun,previous day i went a bit stripey,i like it aha not eprfect but it will do!
34284620_10155328904866566_2373804411337048064_n.jpg

today i re shimmed the 866 cam,it seems much better now,wish i never have to do it again though!

number boxes and induction kit to make up next though! more updates soon!

Back