20160225_111216.jpg

500 Blu's blue 500

Introduction

So i did buy a thing I did.. Sorry the pics are bit crap, phone usually takes much better pics - not sure whats going on there tbh.

at the garage.
20160225_111216.jpg

20160225_111227.jpg

on way home.
20160225_112743.jpg

20160225_112755.jpg

20160225_112807.jpg

20160225_112822.jpg

20160225_112834.jpg

20160225_112848.jpg

20160225_112901.jpg

20160225_112931.jpg

20160225_112946.jpg

20160225_112957.jpg

20160225_113014.jpg

And back home next to its new brother Oberyn. Not got a name for it yet but have a few ideas, shall update when decided.
20160225_114038.jpg

20160225_114024.jpg

Its a 1.3 mjet 'lounge' in voltare blue. Just love the colour!!

Opinions, comments etc welcome.
Liking that a lot. ;)
Many thank you's :D

Nice colour, nice car.
Pity it's a diesel. (n)

Sorry, got a downer on diesels.
Pollution and smelly.
Thats ok, its not everyones cup of tea, I'd not have it as my only car - but for its purpose its perfect. I got the Ignis Sport (red one in my signature) if i want to blast some lanes, and the classic panda in the garage too ;)

:cool:

nice colour - FRENCH racing Bleu;)

for a non-metallic 500 that's a fantastic colour:)

It'll be interesting to see what you make of the lil' 1.3 - after the Alfa:D
Yeah the blue totally had me sold - this blue and the gloss grey are the only colours i would have gone for tbh. Its a big change from the alfa yes but its peppy for such a small engine. I think it would be totally impossible to get worse mpg than the alfa though even if i went everywhere flat out i think it will be better than the alfa, which was a bit crap on fuel for a diesel really (about 50mpg on a run but round the forest I often only saw and average of 34mpg out the alfa without even driving it flat out all the time). Was a toss up between the mjet and twinair but as the mrs will be driving this alot and she wanted a small TD car we went for this one.

That car park looks big enough to hold a get together in...and I like Herefordshire ..:)
I believe its the village hall car park for bishopswood, which is on the Wye - few miles out of Ross on Wye, right near Goodrich Castle actually.. But there is a cafe not far from there with a big car park and they do epic fried breakfast - had few meets there, Charlie knows don't you varesecrazy

In other news, we decided to call it Sully and it has a mascot
1936228_10153859184071125_5538803242361275649_n.jpg

So time has come for service... all genuine parts of course (please ignore the cabin filter is not genuine, magnetti marelli is basically genuine isn't it :p )

20160919_130758.jpg

oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter & oil

Will try get that done at some point this week, already have full version of MES and all the adaptors so can result all the service stuff once done (y)

There is a knock from somewhere that sounds front suspension related, not often but its there. Can't find any play in anything currently so just gonna leave it for a little while. I do have some abarth springs, brand new ones, which i managed to get free of charge so whenever i do mess with the suspension i will whack them on. Currently have no idea how much lower an abarth spring will make it but i suspect it will defo be a touch lower (shush, don't tell Amy ;) )

Well, nothing hugely exciting goes on. Car keeps plodding on, getting dirty then being cleaned etc.
But i did get some nice pressed plates for it. I hate the plates that have the tab along the bottom with garage name, looked so tacky, along with the fact I think the garage i bought it from are a right bunch of cowboys they really had to go.

Of course despite fiat kindly putting 4 little holes in the boot with plastic inserts for screws of course the garage just drilled holes in the boot for no reason. Grrrr. Ah well, plates removed and thoroughly clean behind and some dabs of paint where they drilled holes to protect it. Stuck plates on with double sided 3M tape, stuff is mad strong.

The result.
20170121_155250.jpeg
20170121_155341.jpeg

In other news, bought set of 4 mudflaps for it. Will go on soon, pics to follow

Nice car! :) I have also such a blue one as a commuter car. Post-facelift model, with black roof, fix sunroof, and black mirror covers.
The black mirror covers give a surprisingly huge boost in the style! :)

Sadly it rains very often here in Sweden, and because of some aerodynamic reason for sure, but the it magnetizes the dirt.

yeah gets dirty super fast, especially here in the forest where we live. That's why i bought mudflaps ;) The rears are genuine fiat one, fiat doesn't make front ones unfortunately but I got some for a Ford Ka which fit almost perfectly, just need to figure out how i am going to attach them - one weekend soon I will do it - will take pics of course.

Well mudflaps are on.. Don't have pics to hand, maybe post some later.

However, the little 500 has sprang its first problem for me - its a weird non-start issue which i cannot find anything like searching the forum. So the wife comes out of work, unlocks the car with remote as usual, everything is normal so far, puts key in and turns ignition on, dash comes on, radio comes on (cause she never turns it off), everything normal still. Goes to start it, dash goes off and absolutely nothing. She rang me to tell me and I drove down expecting the battery to be completely flat or something but no that seems ok, the battery might be a bit weak but to eliminate I tried another known good battery on it as the battery was a touch low, reading 12.2v. And still nothing.

So as it stands now. Remote locking does not work, central locking does not work, when you open the door the dash turns on as usual and tell you time and mileage but when you put key in and turn ignition on nothing happens, like i mean zero happens, no dash, no relays click, no fuel pump, ditto, nada, zilch.

So to me atm its kinda seems like the ignition switch has failed, Have tried the spare key as well, its the same so its not the key or anything. What confuses me though is if the ignition switch failed, why on earth would the remote locking and central locking stop working as well.

And just to make this a little more strange, like twice when trying to start it out of about 3 million the dash has come on but it flickers like it has a dodgy connection but then dies and won't turn on again if you try to actually start the engine. This behaviour makes me feel the ignition switch must work and it might be a main loom connector somewhere that isn't working.

So, after a while (this was friday after work all this) I gave up, first time ever that I've not managed to limp a fiat home when something has gone wrong :(
Sunday I went down, had not really thought of a definitive reason why it would do what it is doing but went back down, they only thing i could think of trying that i hadn't on Friday was to put a jump lead from battery to engine to just check its not the main earth or something but was exactly same. A friend came with me who has AA cover and ultimately we had to get AA out to recover it home, he also spent an hour going through it, testing everything I had already and he also was completely stumped by it and towed it back to my house.

So its sitting outside now and i can at least go mess with it easily. I really need some wiring diagrams but not 100% they are in the haynes - looked on their website and it says 53-61plate. Our is a 62 plate 1.3 multijet 95hp - can anyone confirm if that model is covered, just slightly worried it will only have the 75hp one in there and having looked at my mates panda multijet 75hp I know its not the same - it will be similar of course but certainly not the same.

Someone must have a copy they can check before i spent my dollar on a book to find its not much help. Any other sources of wiring diagrams? I have downloaded the eLearn from the downloads section but not had chance to look at it as of yet.

well bit tricky without any wiring diagrams tbh but just had a quick play - there is 5 wires to the back of the ignition switch, 3 on one plug - thicker gauge on the other plug. None of the wires have 12v and switch seems to work as it should but being that 12v isn't getting there its not switching anything on - so it seems further back than the ignition switch. Wondering if there is some maxi-fuses somewhere I have not found thats killed power to the complete engine harness as nothing is getting power at all. :shrug:

OK so looking at a list of all the fuses and relays, I see T31 30A 12v relay described as 'front 12v power supply' and T09 30A 12v relay described as 'Engine Control System Main Relay'. Swapped round with some other 30A relays and nothings changed so thats not it - I should just leave it until i have some diagrams of the wiring really but i can't help myself.
Rechecked all the fuses and they are 100% good unless there is more than in the engine bay fuses and the ones in the glove box :confused:

So I think I will order a new battery as part of the course but stuck this one on charge for a bit for now for more testing later - i mean i know its not just the battery as we tried a good one already but its not gonna help having a weak battery. I guess I actually do need the diagrams now to try trace the fault.

update: So a mate sent me some pics of the wiring diagrams and some bits and pieces. Looking through ignition switch circuit first i immediately spot its says battery ----> maxi fuse T03 (20A) ----> ignition switch, seems simple enough. Look at car and no fuse in T03 but one next to it is 20A, its not possible a fuse has just completely vanished into thin air so I think i must've put it back wrong when i was checking them in car park. Weirdly, the slot next to it is labelled T83 and none of the lists I have have that on, got T82 and T84 but no T83 - I'm pretty sure its meant to just have no fuse but there is connectors beneath in in the fusebox making me think there should be.

Anyhow, fuse in ignition switch instead of T83 and yay, i have power to the ignition switch. Now when i turn it on relay T17 constantly clicks on/off and in time with that the dash lights up and the radio etc. So that weird bit was clearly me jut being mental.

Swapped relays round, and they all click constantly in T17 - Which i believe is the fuel pump relay.

Now at this point, I start to wonder about the battery and if its actually just dead and thats the problem now i have stopped being an idiot and put the fuse back in the right place. So I have ordered a new battery, its got the original one in there atm so its 5 years old - we have start/stop deactivated so the battery doesn't get that hammered really but 5 years is long enough for a battery to die anyway. So I'll call it quits until the battery arrives, hopefully Wednesday.

So my only queries to anyone reading now are:
1. What is the fuse T83? Its 5th from the bottom of the line of Maxi fuses. Is it just for something my car doesn't have or have i been totally scatter brain and dropped and lost a 20A maxi fuse somehow.

Back