Cinquecento Standard white 900S

Currently reading:
Cinquecento Standard white 900S

After five months' ownership I'm still smiling in the Cinq.

It's a white 900S from 1996 with just 65,000 kilometers on the clock when I bought it. De-baged the rear cos the badges were so faded but I like the look.

I upgraded the interior with a center console, leather gaiter and leather knob. And a handle to make the passenger seat adjustable - not standard on an S! I also repaired the seams on the front seat squabs - thanks to the 'how to' guide on this forum, which clearly explains how to get the upholstery off. Thanks!

Under the bonnet is reasonably clean, although there's occasionally some blue smoke, so I've scheduled a head gasket change in the next few weeks. Only other mechanical work so far has been a replacement alternator, although the drive shaft gaitors are sweating and need replacement.

I've had a rust repair done on the righthand rear wheel arch. Before and after:

Underside is solid for a 19-year old.

Next bodywork job is under the windscreen - a classic Cinq problem I gather...

I re-undersealed the sills after some over-enthusiastic high-pressure hose cleaning. It took the stuff clean off!

Other minor things I've done include dashboard lights, head headlights (it still had the filament type lamps!), replacement digital clock and proper radio installation that remembers stations.
Planned in the coming weeks: head gasket, drive shaft gaiters, full service.
Longer term plans include Britax folding roof (bought one recently for 30 quid in good condition), Sporting clocks with rev counter and maybe Sporting alloy wheels.

Last edited:
Anyone else have this compulsion to have a model of the car they own? I have a box full of scale models, and could not resist these two Bburago 1:43 scale models at a show recently for 2.50 euro per piece. Made one of them into a white Cinq with a blue interior of course!

Very nice! Its the same as mine. And yes I've even painted the same burago model in white:)

Back