11035306_450690865087808_3801104964495287089_n.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Meet Frankie The Fiat!

Introduction

Hello everyone, I'd like to show you all my Fierce Fiat; Frankie!
He looks shy on the outside but his looks are deceptive, Frankie its a 2004 fiat punto mk2b Active Sporting- 16v.

This car ran me back £1400 including a years MOT and a service. This is my first car and i Know little to nothing about cars when it comes to the mechanical side to things so hopefully you bunch of guys and gals will be able to help me out whenever necessary.

I've not got too much planned for this car at the moment but I'd love some suggestions from you all. I'm thinking a few small touches like color coding the wing mirrors, getting some new windscreen wipers, tinting back windows and lights and a few other minor tweaks.

Here are some performance Specs:
Engine Size: 1242 cc
Cylinders: 4
0-60 mph: 11.0 secs (I think i can better that!)
Top Speed: 107 mph (Again, I'm sure i can do better!)
Power: 80bhp
Valves: 16
Torque: 114 Nm 84 lb-ft

Underbelly - Keep it clean and well protected (underseal)

Rot will catch up, the older 1999 - 2002's are going to the cubes because of it

Been a 16v, its an interferance engine (Ie the pistons can smash the valves if the belt was to snap)

So ensure there is a history of it been done - or get it done

Money now spent will save in the future

Look after it - it will look after you, the mk2 is a dying bread, the mk2b is a popular car, but it wont be long before it starts to dye too

Ziggy

Underbelly - Keep it clean and well protected (underseal)

Rot will catch up, the older 1999 - 2002's are going to the cubes because of it

Been a 16v, its an interferance engine (Ie the pistons can smash the valves if the belt was to snap)

So ensure there is a history of it been done - or get it done

Money now spent will save in the future

Look after it - it will look after you, the mk2 is a dying bread, the mk2b is a popular car, but it wont be long before it starts to dye too

Ziggy
Ah, underseal.. i hadn't thought of that, is it easy to do/cheap? what do i need to do it?

Also the dealer i bought it off fitted a new cambelt and tentsioner when i bought it so that should be good for a few thousand miles. also got 5 history stamps and an oil change when i bought it too.

any other tips?

Ah, underseal.. i hadn't thought of that, is it easy to do/cheap? what do i need to do it?

Also the dealer i bought it off fitted a new cambelt and tentsioner when i bought it so that should be good for a few thousand miles. also got 5 history stamps and an oil change when i bought it too.

any other tips?

You got it written on a reciept? As thats what the value when you come to sell it on - if you do

Underseal needs a Pit, or suitable jacking/stands

I had to wire brush some rust spots clean, and spent ages painting the whole thing

Not a nice job tbh, DIY'able, just horrible

Ziggy

You got it written on a reciept? As thats what the value when you come to sell it on - if you do

Underseal needs a Pit, or suitable jacking/stands

I had to wire brush some rust spots clean, and spent ages painting the whole thing

Not a nice job tbh, DIY'able, just horrible

Ziggy
okay haha, i'll wait till my next paycheck and invest in a jack and some stands as well as some under-seal.

does it work the same as paint? do i just apply it with a brush or what?

okay haha, i'll wait till my next paycheck and invest in a jack and some stands as well as some under-seal.

does it work the same as paint? do i just apply it with a brush or what?

Some you paint - some you spray etc :)

Waxyoyl you spray, i did the mrs car with tetroseal, with a brush
Each is different

Spray get messy quick...
Tetroseal is hard to paint on, but its pretty sound otherwise

Ziggy

Some you paint - some you spray etc :)

Waxyoyl you spray, i did the mrs car with tetroseal, with a brush
Each is different

Spray get messy quick...
Tetroseal is hard to paint on, but its pretty sound otherwise

Ziggy
Managed to convince my friend to spend his precious Saturday helping me de-rust (if there is any) and underseal my car... what a result ;)

Do you know of any members from bristol ziggy?

Welcome. Subtle changes are the way too go. Colour coding , badgeless grille, wind deflectors and tinting ( lights and windows ) all add up to make an already good looking car better.
thanks! don't want to go overboard and make it a chav-mobile and un-sellable but i also want to make it MINE and add my own touch to it, any advice would be muchley appreciated.

p.s... nice username;)

thanks! don't want to go overboard and make it a chav-mobile and un-sellable but i also want to make it MINE and add my own touch to it, any advice would be muchley appreciated.

p.s... nice username;)

Concentrate on the inside and underneath !, keep it mint, you never look at the outside when you are driving ;).
Waxoyl is superb, dont buy cheap paint on underseal, it is totally pants and will make it rot faster as it splits and cracks and traps garbage.
Follow ziggy's threads on bumble bee.

tips to avoid.
Black wheels, (so chav and 2010 !, cause heads to turn, but not in respect)
Lowering the vehicle. It is pointless and restricts it's use.
Anything that goes boom boom boom as you drive along
:D

Concentrate on the inside and underneath !, keep it mint, you never look at the outside when you are driving ;).
Waxoyl is superb, dont buy cheap paint on underseal, it is totally pants and will make it rot faster as it splits and cracks and traps garbage.
Follow ziggy's threads on bumble bee.

tips to avoid.
Black wheels, (so chav and 2010 !, cause heads to turn, but not in respect)
Lowering the vehicle. It is pointless and restricts it's use.
Anything that goes boom boom boom as you drive along
:D
"Black wheels, (so chav and 2010 !, cause heads to turn, but not in respect)"

lets see what punto sutty has to say about that;)?

had no plans to lower, I myself think it looks hideous (no offense to anyone who has)

I really want to swap out my old seats and most the interior for some new ones although they aren't in bad condition. I wouldn't mind some nice leather ones;)

Yeah you definitely could. I'd recommend getting it from a decent auto factors though as they can match your exact colour and shade then have it put into an aerosol for you to use. The important thing is getting the colour and shade right other wise it won't match.

Sutty.

Back