image3129.jpg

Bravo snoopy - my bravo 140 multiair

Introduction

Well It was time to move on from my Stilo and thankfully I'm still keeping with the fiat theme with this stunning ice white bravo :)

It's a 1.4 turbo 140hp version and I bought it with 7100 miles. It was owned by Fiat UK (Slough) so was probably a managers hack up unit June this year when the tax ran out so has been lain dormant for the best part of 5 months. It's has an array of extras fitted on it such as heated seats, bi-xenon lights upgraded 17" alloys and a sky roof. The dealership gave it a full service - with a stamped book - so alls good there (y)

Modifcations wise? Well not much as it's still under warranty so anything more than a set of mudflaps is a no no - for now :D but I'm sure my tinkering fingers will get bored soon after so perhaps a cone filter and a remap...... And some ultraracing braces....... Perhaps some cross drilled discs......:rolleyes:

It drives superbly and although it doesn't have the torque of my last car (2.4 Stilo) it handles very well indeed. So it's a future of boost for me now so hopefully it won't let me down or that M32 gearbox :D
I don't care what you typed above about warranty ;p

What's the first mod?

I've been having naughty, naughty thoughts already :D I really want some ultrarace chassis braces

And I came across this on ebay. Side skirts and a roof spoiler. The car in the picture looks awesome! It sits just right

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181602737055

I'm a bad, bad boy :D

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I've been having naughty, naughty thoughts already :D I really want some ultrarace chassis braces

And I came across this on ebay. Side skirts and a roof spoiler. The car in the picture looks awesome! It sits just right

Do it Gadge.. do it! listen to that little devil on your shoulder! :p

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

Get those puppys dude check the difference

Attachments

• 1417908365165.jpg
    1417908365165.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 222
Do it Gadge.. do it! listen to that little devil on your shoulder! :p
yeah I told jatkinson to stop climbing on my shoulder :p

Get those puppys dude check the difference
They look awesome! I didn't know you had them! (y) I'll have to check them out next time I see you :)

Congrats on the purchase :) love the name!

Cheers bud (y) although I may change it as I people keep telling me that bungle, although cute and funny he was also a sex pest who constantly harassed zippy :D

Gave the bravo it's first proper outing over the weekend - the FIATFORUM xmas party (y) - but I'm going to have to pop into the dealership for some warranty work (n)

There's a peice of interior trim by the drivers right knee which is hanging down :confused: looks like a clip is missing as I can't clip it back up. The drivers heated seat packed up on the way back. I'll give it a try tomorrow as it may be just some sort of saftey switch to stop it getting too hot. Also the bonnet needs to have some slight adjustment as when shut it sits dangerously close to the wing on one side but miles away on the other. Might aswell get that sorted.

But on the plus side I got 52.6 miles to the gallon on the way up (y) and so far I've put near enough 300 miles on him and only used half a tank! That's awesome compared to my Stilo :D

It was good to have a good look round her today mate , hope she keeps you happy , ask for enzo as a curtesy car while yours is getting the work done :p

I wish but he's already gone! :(

Just come back from Research got the car booked in for two weeks time - just wondering what courtesy car I'll get :rolleyes: the heated seat is working again so I suspect that it's got a temprature cut off sensor but I'll keep my eye on it. They are gonna look at the bonet clearance, the interior trim and I found something new - the tracking. If I hold the steering wheel straight, it drifts to the left slightly. Thought I might as well :)

Loving this car :)

Wow, I didnt realise this was a multi air!
Very nice buy gadge, although I will miss enzo!
Impressive mpg figures as well!

I look forward to seeing more mods :D

Cheers bud (y) I'll also miss Enzo too mate but it was time to change :( I'm now experiencing boost for the first time :D although the the bravo doesn't have anywhere near the sheer torque of the Stilo it does pick up well later on the Rev range. It's a 140 bhp version but I'ld like to push that up a bit to make up for the lack of low down torque but I'm a "turbo Virgin" I may be asking a lot of questions in the punto section :p

What's the difference between a t-jet and multi Air other than the turbo?

Cheers bud (y) I'll also miss Enzo too mate but it was time to change :( I'm now experiencing boost for the first time :D although the the bravo doesn't have anywhere near the sheer torque of the Stilo it does pick up well later on the Rev range. It's a 140 bhp version but I'ld like to push that up a bit to make up for the lack of low down torque but I'm a "turbo Virgin" I may be asking a lot of questions in the punto section :p

What's the difference between a t-jet and multi Air other than the turbo?

I can assure you that the bravo has more torque (going by factory figures) than the stilo, its just got a different power delivery.
Granted its only 10nm more torque so not really a negligible difference.

Anyyyywho, the tjet is a 16v engine, the multiair is also a 16v but the inlet camshaft is not like a normal one, its controlled by hydraulic oil pressure.
Please don't quote me on that as I have only read about it once... Lol.

Straight off wiki...

"The basic idea, controlling intake valves, works upon the following principle: a valve tappet (cam follower), moved by a mechanical intake cam, is connected to the intake valve through a hydraulic chamber, controlled by a normally open on/off solenoid valve.*The system allows optimum intake valve opening schedules."

I can assure you that the bravo has more torque (going by factory figures) than the stilo, its just got a different power delivery.
Granted its only 10nm more torque so not really a negligible difference.

Yeah but Enzo was remapped. Belive me he could pull a cruise liner in the right gear :D its astounding how much torque it had it just came from nowhere, but this one bogs down if the revs are too low but it soon picks up...... It also sounds kinda sporty too. I bet it would sound amazing with a full system on :rolleyes: hmmmmm

Yeah but Enzo was remapped. Belive me he could pull a cruise liner in the right gear :D its astounding how much torque it had it just came from nowhere, but this one bogs down if the revs are too low but it soon picks up...... It also sounds kinda sporty too. I bet it would sound amazing with a full system on :rolleyes: hmmmmm

Oh yes, they sound incredible with exhaust and filters on ;)
That is another problem with small turbo engines. They will bog down. Gotta be in the right gear :)

Hope youre enjoying her.

Back