IMG_11923.JPG

Grande Punto Carribbean Orange T-jet

Introduction

Hi all, some of you might of seen my thread in the new members area. If not this thread if for my brothers Fiat GP T-jet as I don’t own one, But as I do all the work on his car I thought id make one for it.

First off some of you will recognise the car as its JACKFI's old GP. So Basically the Build/Mods will continue from jacks.
A Link to Jack's Thread of the car :- https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/223665-carribbean-orange-t-jet.html

The Car was purchased a few months ago here’s the spec’s on purchase:-

CAR SPECIFICATIONS:
- Model : Grande Punto T-jet
– Engine size : 1.4 Turbo
- Year : 2007
– Colour :Carribbean Orange
ENGINE MODIFICATIONS :
- BMC Panel Filter
- Forge Motorsport Intercooler
- Decat
- Abarth VL38 Turbo
-PowerFlow Cat Back System
- Abarth Spec Oil
- Tune4Performance Remap (Tony ex-RedDot)
STYLING MODIFICATIONS:
INTERIOR:
- Autogauge Boost gauge
- Checkered Orange Rear View Mirror
- Arm Rest
EXTERNAL:
- Black Fiat 500 Mirrors
- Carbon Fibre Vinyl Between Windows
- Abarth Headlights
- Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited H4 bulbs
- Mtec Cosmos H1 Fog bulbs
- Osram Diadem Indicator Bulbs
- Fiat OEM Wind deflectors
- Fk Badgeless Grill
CHASSIS:
- Eibach Sportlines
ICE:
- Standard

On getting the car home the shopping list commenced, this list would be purchase and fitted over the next couple of months.
This list consisted of:-
200 cell Sport Cat,
Forge Actuator,
Forge Blow Off Valve Kit,
Remap,

All this bits were purchased and fitted, After the map as it was well overdue one. The car produced 179.3 bhp & 214.6 ftlbs.

So far that’s it…But the questfor more power out of it hasn’t finished yet. There’s a new shopping list to push it even further, but for now that's all a secret. So watch this space…
thumb.gif

How the car currently sits:-

CAR SPECIFICATIONS:
- Model : Grande Punto T-jet
– Engine size : 1.4 Turbo
- Year : 2007
– Colour :Carribbean Orange
ENGINE MODIFICATIONS :
- ITG Air Filter
- Forge Motorsport Intercooler
- Forge Motorsport Actuator
- Forge Motorsport Blow Off Valve Kit
- 200 Cell Sports Cat
- PowerFlow Cat Back System
- Abarth VL38 Turbo
- Abarth Spec Oil
- Tune4Performance Remap (Tony ex-RedDot)
STYLING MODIFICATIONS:
INTERIOR:
- Autogauge Boost gauge
- Checkered Orange Rear View Mirror
EXTERNAL:
- Black Fiat 500 Mirrors
- Carbon Fibre Vinyl Between Windows
- Abarth Headlights
- Osram NightBreaker Unlimited H4 bulbs
- Mtec Cosmos H1 Fog bulbs
- Osram Diadem Indicator Bulbs
- Fiat OEM Wind deflectors
- Fk Badgeless Grill
CHASSIS:
- Eibach Sportlines
ICE:
- Standard
IMG_11923.JPG

(no longer on those wheels)
IMG_12034.JPG

IMG_11955.JPG

Punto_Mapped3_dyno.JPG

(most recent dyno)

That’s all for now, I will get some more pictures of the car and mods up on here when its daylight.
An remember keep a look out for these up and coming mods…
smile.gif
Reactions: SJB1985 and Djfoxs
nice to see her back on here :D Jack will be sad.. I'm waiting for my Tango to appear on here also...

you need to tell us of your plans :D

Basically as with any boosted car...more boost lol. So far there is two plans for this, short term build my own hybrid (still working on this need a dead turbo). The second is a much bigger turbo/fuel setup.

please make a video with the sports cat also what make is it ?

The sports cat is a TMC 200 cell cat. what do you want from the video, sound etc?

Last edited:
Basically as with any boosted car...more boost lol. So far there is two plans for this, short term build my own hybrid (still working on this need a dead turbo). The second is a much bigger turbo/fuel setup.

The sports cat is a TMC 200 cell cat. what do you want from the video, sound etc?

Yes please, idle, rev, would be great

What do you mean?

Probally going to be hard to explain without sound..

on overrun with sports cats/decats you get like a spluttering/chesty cough sound coming through the exhaust.. .

Now im making myself look stupid :')

Ah I know what you mean, yeah sports cat basically sounds just like decat once it's warmed up

Just A Quick update its been a little while, Not much to exciting to report. The GP is pretty much just having routine service checks etc at the min.

Tho some new Forge Braces to fit, I will try and get these on after doing the servicing done on my own car :)

Here's a little pic until there fitted,

Forge_Braces.jpg

Quick update for the little fiat, Managed to get round to servicing the car and fitting the forge braces today.

wow fiat put the oil filter in a bad place lol!

Cambelt, water pump and coolant were done a couple of months ago, so all that was really left to do were the standard service items. Ended up doing Oil + Filter, Spark plugs and Aux belt

Picture of the Service Parts-

Service_Parts.JPG

And then the forge Braces..

Forge_Braces_Fitted_1.JPG

One thing to note is the belly pan cover doesn't fit back too easy with the braces, but with a little fiddling it does go back on.

by the time I had finshed it was starting to get dark, dam winter!

Last edited:
I'm supprised you had trouble with the under tray, mine fits on fine and mine is spaced down due to the 2.5" exhaust system.. .I cant have the smaller brace fitted though unfortionatly..

and yes. fiat really didn't think about the location of the oil filter... I wonder if there is a drain plug for it.. .

Been a while since I've updated this so sorry for that, I've had a few things to do with my own car (non fiat sorry boys an girls).

Not much to add in the way of mods for the GP, Tyre's were getting towards the legal limit. So new set of Conti sport contact 5's were fitted. Down side to this is less spin so more power/torque is needed aha.

Back