P1120522.jpg

Panda 2012+ My New Panda Lounge

Introduction

Picked my lovely little Panda Lounge 1.2 up only 3 days ago and so far I'm loving it. It's a really fun little car to drive and economy should be good especially if I try and stick to the TomTom Eco:Drive guide.

New car photo taken on moors above Haworth.

SPECS:
Lounge 1.2 White
Blue & Me
Split 50/50 sliding and reclining rear seats
TOMTOM Live 2 Blue & Me Edition
Rear Parking Sensors
Skydome Sunroof

P1120535.jpg
P1120533.jpg
P1120530.jpg
P1120524.jpg
P1120522.jpg
P1120528.jpg
Get some seat covers on the seats pronto! Lol. Like the trick roof; great in this weather.

Yeah I'm keeping it standard as any mods tend to push up the insurance and in the end it's just for getting kids to school and shopping.

I put a fleece blanket on the back seat as soon as I got it so the car seat doesn't mark then and neither does my son. In the end I can't be too precious about the car as I have two nippers and the seats are too nice to cover up totally.

The roof is great at the moment but my son can't stop messing with it OPEN, CLOSE, OPEN, CLOSE, TILT, HALF OPEN, CLOSE...

Last edited:
Yeah I'm keeping it standard as any mods tend to push up the insurance and in the end it's just for getting kids to school and shopping.

I put a fleece blanket on the back seat as soon as I got it so the car seat doesn't mark then and neither does my son. In the end I can't be too precious about the car as I have two nippers and the seats are too nice to cover up totally.

The roof is great at the moment but my son can't stop messing with it OPEN, CLOSE, OPEN, CLOSE, TILT, HALF OPEN, CLOSE...

I wish the 4x4 could be ordered with the sunroof option.....

The Skydome roof is great with the current weather and definitely my favourite feature as it makes the car very light and bright inside. Love the Blue & Me too, just wish I could get it to work with my Xperia SP Phone.

The Skydome roof is great with the current weather and definitely my favourite feature as it makes the car very light and bright inside. Love the Blue & Me too, just wish I could get it to work with my Xperia SP Phone.

That's a pain. I managed to pair my nexus 4 1st attempt.....android phones shouldn't present any probs....?

Oh, the phone works for taking and receiving calls and I can use the phone book and voice dial but it won't play music through the car speakers from the phone. If my phone is connected to my wife's VW Golf it plays Deezer tracks through BT audio but my car just won't do it.

That said I have a 16GB USB stick in the Blue and Me slot with EcoDrive on it and over 1200 tracks and it works great.

I got a panda 1.2 courtesy car while my punto was in for some paint repair and I must say it was really nice to drive. Not quick, but felt light, comfortable and was just a joy to drive (I even posted about it in these very forums).

Yeah I'd say that too a really fun quirky car to drive. I'm actually surprised how many people ave commented on it when I'm out driving. Love the high up driving position and yeah it's not got amazing acceleration but these days doing a Fast and Furious style take off from traffic lights makes your fuel tank empty a lot quicker.

Not loved a car this much since my New Beetle back in 2000!

Yeah I'd say that too a really fun quirky car to drive. I'm actually surprised how many people ave commented on it when I'm out driving. Love the high up driving position and yeah it's not got amazing acceleration but these days doing a Fast and Furious style take off from traffic lights makes your fuel tank empty a lot quicker.

Not loved a car this much since my New Beetle back in 2000!

How much is the roof these days? It was an expensive option on the older model (but a super feature).

I think the roof is around £800 and well worth it in my opinion. I got almost £3,000 of extras for an extra £15 per month so it pays to shop around dealers and play them off against each other. I've always done this and always got a great deal.

Oh, the phone works for taking and receiving calls and I can use the phone book and voice dial but it won't play music through the car speakers from the phone. If my phone is connected to my wife's VW Golf it plays Deezer tracks through BT audio but my car just won't do it.

That said I have a 16GB USB stick in the Blue and Me slot with EcoDrive on it and over 1200 tracks and it works great.

Lovely looking car!

The Panda doesn't do bluetooth audio btw. You have to use the usb port and connect with a cable.

aww the car looks fab. this is going to be my next car, love it, does the sliding back seat come as standard if you order the 50/50 set up or do you have to specify sliding seat?

aww the car looks fab. this is going to be my next car, love it, does the sliding back seat come as standard if you order the 50/50 set up or do you have to specify sliding seat?

The seat is split 60/40 if you select that "3 seater" option and I don't think the sliding rear seat option exists anymore.

Back