IMG_09923.jpg

500 My happy Fiat 500 TwinAir

Introduction

Mods so far:

Magneti Marelli Power Module (85 -> 100bhp)
BMC air filter
Magneti Marelli exhaust
17" Team Dynamics Jet RS wheels
Pirelli PZero Nero 205/40/17
Bilstein B6 shocks
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Bonnet stripes
Plasti Dipped handles and emblems
Stubby antenna
Valve caps with Fiat logo
Steering wheel cover from BLACK
Sport pedals from BLACK
Gear gaiter from BLACK
Gear knob from BLACK
E-brake gaiter from BLACK
Headrest covers from BLACK
Dash covered with 3M DI-NOC carbon

IMG_09923.jpg

IMG_10082.jpg
IMG_10151.jpg
Mods so far:

Magneti Marelli Power Module (85 -> 100bhp)

BMC air filter

Magneti Marelli exhaust

17" Team Dynamics Jet RS wheels

Pirelli PZero Nero 205/40/17

Bilstein B6 shocks

Eibach Pro-Kit springs

Bonnet stripes

Plasti Dipped handles and emblems

Stubby antenna

Valve caps with Fiat logo

Steering wheel cover from BLACK

Sport pedals from BLACK

Gear gaiter from BLACK

Gear knob from BLACK

E-brake gaiter from BLACK

Headrest covers from BLACK

Dash covered with 3M DI-NOC carbon

IMG_09923.jpg

IMG_10082.jpg
IMG_10151.jpg

Fill us in on the power module - is it effective?

Finally someone who has installed the power module! Do tell all please, have been dying to hear more about this :)

Thanks for the welcome :)

The module does make a difference! When accelerating hard there is a lovely extra kick especially when going past 3500rpm. Also I drive on the motorway to work every day, and I've noticed I don't have to press the pedal so much to keep the same speed.

I've got the optional remote which can be used to select between two maps or turn the module off. It is a little confusing because it doesn't give any kind confirmation when selecting. Also it only works when the engine is idling - you can switch on the fly like with the eco button. But it does work.

All in all: I love it. It doesn't transform the car into a racer but it does give that little extra :)

I'm planning on installing the MM Power Pedal as well, which can be controller by the same remote. I have a feeling they'll be great together :D

Thanks for the welcome :)

The module does make a difference! When accelerating hard there is a lovely extra kick especially when going past 3500rpm. Also I drive on the motorway to work every day, and I've noticed I don't have to press the pedal so much to keep the same speed.

I've got the optional remote which can be used to select between two maps or turn the module off. It is a little confusing because it doesn't give any kind confirmation when selecting. Also it only works when the engine is idling - you can switch on the fly like with the eco button. But it does work.

All in all: I love it. It doesn't transform the car into a racer but it does give that little extra :)

I'm planning on installing the MM Power Pedal as well, which can be controller by the same remote. I have a feeling they'll be great together :D

Thanks, you mean you CAN'T switch on the fly?? Does it affect your economy overall or have you noticed? Also, what happens to the Eco button, does it remain and is over rided by the MM and only works when the MM is off? Did you fit it yourself?:)

Last edited:
Reactions: UFI
Thanks, you mean you CAN'T switch on the fly?? Does it affect your economy overall or have you noticed? Also, what happens to the Eco button, does it remain and is over rided by the MM and only works when the MM is off? Did you fit it yourself?:)

Yeah that was I typo, I mean can't :)

I haven't really done any testing with the fuel economy. When I turn it on it is usually because I want to have a bit of fun with the extra power :D If I want to save fuel I turn it off or use the eco button. The eco button still works as you would expect it to - it doesn't matter what setting the module is in.

What if you put the car in neutral/idle at speed? Can you switch modes then?

That's still pretty good as I'm looking at a tuning box for my Jeep that requires the engine be turned off :bang:

Yeah that was I typo, I mean can't :)

I haven't really done any testing with the fuel economy. When I turn it on it is usually because I want to have a bit of fun with the extra power :D If I want to save fuel I turn it off or use the eco button. The eco button still works as you would expect it to - it doesn't matter what setting the module is in.

More questions!! As you say it must be confusing as to what setting your on if there is no indication - does it default to off when you turn ignition off or does it store last setup? Thanks

More questions!! As you say it must be confusing as to what setting your on if there is no indication - does it default to off when you turn ignition off or does it store last setup? Thanks

And good questions :) It remembers the last setting. This makes sense since the remote is optional, and you wouldn't have a way to switch on if you don't have it. The module comes preset to MAP2 which is the most aggressive setting. MAP1 is something between stock and MAP2 - haven't used it much.

What might also be of interest is that the module fits many cars (you might need a different wiring harness though). It has a USB-port and you can hook it up to your computer and use MM's software to reprogram it. You need to create and account at www.me100t.com and download the software.

I tried this when I got it because I was curious (am a bit of a computer nerd :)). It was very easy. The module of course comes preprogrammed but I tried resetting it to go through the setup procedure. You just pick your brand and model from the list and it downloads the map from MM's database.

You also use this software to pair it with the remote. When I get the Power Pedal I'll have to hook it up and pair it with my existing remote :)

And good questions :) It remembers the last setting. This makes sense since the remote is optional, and you wouldn't have a way to switch on if you don't have it. The module comes preset to MAP2 which is the most aggressive setting. MAP1 is something between stock and MAP2 - haven't used it much.

Thanks, so if you don't have the remote option is the unit hard set to map 1 or 2 when you install, so then when driving you have a choice between Eco and say map 2 with 'normal' Non Eco factory setting no longer available?

Last edited:
Thanks, so if you don't have the remote option is the unit hard set to map 1 or 2 when you install, so then when driving you have a choice between Eco and say map 2 with 'normal' Non Eco factory setting no longer available?

Yes.

With remote:

Eco
MAP0 (module off) = normal non eco
MAP1 - stage 1
MAP2 - stage 2

No remote:
Eco
MAP2

Back