2014-07-09_14_47_03.jpg

Punto (Mk1) Molly II - Punto GT3 - The Resurrection

Introduction

As some may know, I bought this car from @blu73 back in February, see his thread here - http://fiatforum.com/members-motors/281984-molly-ii-punto-gt3.html

On the way home though, it became apparent (on the M1 I might add) that there was a problem, as she was coughing and losing power. Having taken the best part of 2 hours to nurse her the 30 odd miles home, it was apparent that the alternator was goosed. I started trying to change it but the engine bay on these is so densley packed that I kept getting so far and giving up, and so she's sat for the last 5 months or so - waiting patiently.

Until yesterday, my gf's mum's partner came over and gave me a hand and she's now ready to go for MOT, booked in for 9am tomorrow!

Here's some pictures just taken after a quick trip out to test brakes etc and after a well needed wash:

Plans, as blu73 really, keep her standard and keep her running basically.
Reactions: blu73 and homeward
lol, she had sat for longer than that when she passed her last mot without any advisories. This is why you drive the long way round to your mot if your car is not a daily driver :rolleyes:

And if your tester is not a total *insert rude word* then he will ask if the car has been stood after he sees the pitting in the discs - it cleans off really quickly though anyway if you use the brakes a bit on way to the test

Well, she did fail, but not on brakes flisko :p

Rear shocks leaking, new ones on order. A few bulbs out, again new ones on order and a couple of exhaust rubbers completely shot, ordered these too. The passenger side headlamp aim was out too, now this is something I've never had to deal with before so not sure where to start. The tester tried adjusting it but didn't have any luck.

I know right :D That said, there is a stud missing from the exhaust manifold. I bought a replacement but it looks like the original is snapped in there rather than fallen out so will need to get that drilled out at some stage :/ And the boost gauge doesn't seem to be working, with no obvious loose vac pipes in the engine bay. Doesn't seem to affect running so I assume that the ECU is getting boost data, it's just not getting to the dash.

I know right :D That said, there is a stud missing from the exhaust manifold. I bought a replacement but it looks like the original is snapped in there rather than fallen out so will need to get that drilled out at some stage :/ And the boost gauge doesn't seem to be working, with no obvious loose vac pipes in the engine bay. Doesn't seem to affect running so I assume that the ECU is getting boost data, it's just not getting to the dash.

how often clutch fails on your car?

Back