DSC_003614.jpg

Punto Evo/Supersport (Abarth) APE Supersport

I had a lot of problems with stone chipping on the bonnet even though I haven't been far. I had the existing stone chips and a minor scratch sorted at a body shop first. Then I had the bonnet wrapped in matte black to protect it in the future.

I think the proverbial penny has just dropped.... your name is brendan...?

meh, it happens - same thing has happened to lots of people i have met at shows and meets - had no idea who they are at the time :shrug:

I just saw the same pics and comments on facebook and had an AHA! moment lol. So many random people have added me on facebook i don't know if they are FF'ers or just random fiat people - I'm easy to find on facebook compared to alot of people.

Ive fitted chrome bulbs on the front and rear indicators and the side repeaters. Black crystal side repeaters have also been fitted to give it a cleaner look. I also had a white scorpion bonnet decal fitted. It wasnt an option on the Abarth Punto unfortunately. Its bigger than what I originally intended but it really pops against the matte black. Currently fitting new number plates and chrome Abarth surrounds. The cosmetics should then be done. Next thing I need to do is save some pennies for some Bilstein coilovers.

IMG_3454071167000.jpg

IMG_609219818124.jpg

Not sure to be honest. I bought the front and rear indicator bulbs from Halfords as they were on offer. Halfords have books in store,I found the Punto Evo in there and matched the codes. The side repeater bulbs were on ebay and listed for the Punto Evo.

I didnt buy any top branded bulbs. To be honest I dont even know if companies like Philips do Chrome bulbs. The front and rear indicator bulbs were a pretty good make (cant remember who) but the side repeater bulbs were just cheap ebay items.

You probably right, perhaps even philips and osram did not make their bulbs himself.
I'll look at ebay the right type for Punto Evo +

Thanks ;)

Well I've finally finished customising the look of the Abarth. It now looks totally different from the day it left the dealers. I'm really happy with how it's looking. Not really planning on doing much more now. But I will be fitting a straight through exhaust system in a few months time.

Heritage1.jpg

Matte_Black_Abarth.jpg

Back