2013-09-13_14_17_31.jpg

Grande Punto My first car, GP Active 1.2

Introduction

Hi all,
Thought I would show my car to see what people think!
Just needs some white alloys, my 57i induction kit should come soon, maybe some other mods not sure though at the moment!

new photo, just painted the bonnet trim, needs another coat or so but pretty good at the moment!

Any suggestions?
Ive changed a few things since, ill post pics when i can :D

Edit: Outside is pretty much finished :)
Remove the hideous stickers and the awful white fog caps, and add some alloys if your insurance would allow it (but I doubt it). With the Grande Punto, it's the general consensus that less is more. I trust you're 17 from your username, you're incredibly lucky to have such a nice car at that age. Treat it well and don't rag it (not really possible with a 1.2 though ;) ), and you'll have fantastic memories of your good first car :)

Hello mate, Nice looking car and I like the whole white theme mate but I would remove the stickers from the side but I would leave the bonnet stripes as I like the look of the stripes running down fron the trim you painted :D

Next steps should be alloys/lowering mate but all in all the car look great imo. :)

Remove the hideous stickers and the awful white fog caps, and add some alloys if your insurance would allow it (but I doubt it). With the Grande Punto, it's the general consensus that less is more. I trust you're 17 from your username, you're incredibly lucky to have such a nice car at that age. Treat it well and don't rag it (not really possible with a 1.2 though ;) ), and you'll have fantastic memories of your good first car :)

I've had some good performance out of it considering it's engine size haha, I can feel it's limits though. I thought the stripe on the side was quite nice, I mainly wanted the car to stand out and I figured the white theme did that well.
Can't really take it off now though I got not professionaly done which cost quite a bit. Thanks for the comments though.

Hello mate, Nice looking car and I like the whole white theme mate but I would remove the stickers from the side but I would leave the bonnet stripes as I like the look of the stripes running down fron the trim you painted :D

Next steps should be alloys/lowering mate but all in all the car look great imo. :)
Cheer man, yes I'm really happy with how that turned out, it was a pain to get the bonnet trim off though! Just need some nice white alloys and my induction kit should be here tomorrow ;)

It is compared to my friends cars, i dont understand how their insurance is hundreds of pounds cheaper that mine even though their cars have a atleast 1.6 engines, one of them has a 3.7 merc for God sake.
Our puntos are nippy if you redline and change gear quickly :)

Redlining yeah sounds clever, and changing gear quickly as apposed to take two minutes to do it?

....Our puntos are nippy if you redline and change gear quickly :)

how about you drive it like a 1.2, and like your first car? then you wont 'near miss' or complain that your useing more petrol than your mates 1.0l micra or similar, hell your car might even last your first year that way!

all joking aside, not too fond of the stickers, but kudos for trying the white and black theme :)

how about you drive it like a 1.2, and like your first car? then you wont 'near miss' or complain that your useing more petrol than your mates 1.0l micra or similar, hell your car might even last your first year that way!

all joking aside, not too fond of the stickers, but kudos for trying the white and black theme :)

It drinks the petrol no matter how I drive it anyway. And thanks haha however everyone seems to think the car is black and white it's actually a dark blue which goes really nice with the white IMO

It drinks the petrol no matter how I drive it anyway. And thanks haha however everyone seems to think the car is black and white it's actually a dark blue which goes really nice with the white IMO

i wrote blue at first then edited it to black :bang:

how does it drink petrol? actually saying that so does mine, i have the 1,4 8v, and im putting in 20quid or 14.4 liters every week .. getting expensive this driving lark aha

What sort of driving you doing? On country roads nine used to average about 40 and about 37 on the motorway when did the car last get serviced?

A lot of my driving is around housing estates and towns however I do a lot of duel carriageway driving too, all 3 of which slurp up my petrol. Also the car has 2 year warranty, it was last serviced at the garage in June and I took it to kwick fit last week to get it completely checked over, only modification I've done is an induction kit, k&n 57i

i wrote blue at first then edited it to black :bang:

how does it drink petrol? actually saying that so does mine, i have the 1,4 8v, and im putting in 20quid or 14.4 liters every week .. getting expensive this driving lark aha

Whoa haha that's amazing! I have to drive a lot during my weeks and I use about £50 give or take. I would of though a more powerful engine would use more petrol than me, I can usually save a bit if I drive more 'economical'

:ROFLMAO: more powerful engine.... mine cant pull skin off custard :p

oh and i would suggest lowering your car, but with you only being 17, im guessing your insurance premiums are astronomical, so declaring mods wont help. best advice i suppose would be to enjoy it :) get to know your car inside and out :)

:ROFLMAO: more powerful engine.... mine cant pull skin off custard :p

oh and i would suggest lowering your car, but with you only being 17, im guessing your insurance premiums are astronomical, so declaring mods wont help. best advice i suppose would be to enjoy it :) get to know your car inside and out :)

How do you think i feel with a 1.2 :bang:
1.4 turbo would do me nicely haha

yes my insurance is 2163 (im not really bothered about telling people the price of things) thats without anything 'declared' :rolleyes:

Back