imgp2733.jpg

Stilo A bit modded Stilo from Poland ;)

Introduction

Hi i want to present you my car :) I bought it 2years ago and i think it will stay with me a little more time. Now it has 162 000 km on the clock (10 000 after mods).

The description is translated from Polish so sorry for possible mistakes as I dont know the english names for some car parts :p Ok, so lets go!

Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD (192_XE1A), year 2002
Stock power: 115ps/255nm @ 4000/2000rpm
After some mods: 172ps/340nm @ 4275/2400rpm (only 172ps because of slipping clutch and dual-mass wheel starts vibrating, after changing it i will offcourse do a soft correction. Finally i want to reach ~185ps / 380nm completly fail-safe)

Features:
- ABS + EBD + ASR
- On-board computer
- 6 Airbags
- CD player + 6 speakers
- Leather steering wheel and gear knob
- Fog Lights
- Electrically heated mirrors
- Electric front windows
- The "Follow me home" function
- Central locking with Dead Lock
- Electric Power Steering Assist "Dualdrive"
- Steering wheel adjustable in
- Driver's seat with height adjustment and adjustable lumbar
- Split rear seat
- Rear ceiling lamp
- Isofix attachments
- Three rear headrests
- Manual air conditioning
- Refrigerated or heated storage
- Front center armrest with storage
- Rear armrest with storage compartment, integrated cup holder and ski tunnel
- Illuminated visor mirrors driver and passenger
- Lockers under the driver seat and front passenger

External Extras:
- External Package from MS Design:
- - MS Sideskirts
- - MS Front Grill
- - 17" MS Rims made by BORBET
- - MS Design exhaust
- Lowering Springs -35 F / R
- Front shock absorbers from Stilo Abarth
- Chromed pedals

Inside Extras:
- Cruise Control added
- Original amber LED interior illumination changed to blue and white

Plans:
- Instrument panel from Stilo Abarth 2.4
- Multifunction steering wheel from new Bravo
- Custom seats upholstery

Audio
Factory speakers + Blaupunkt Emb800a Sub

Mechanical things done since bought:
- New tires TOYO Proxes T1R 225/45/R17
- Direction indicators and Headlights changed to Depo + new H4 and H7 bulbs Bosch Pure Light and GE
- Motul X-Cess 8100 5W40 oil + all filters changed to Bosch
- A set of new discs and pads front and rear TRW
- Front wheel arches + cover under the engine
- Hub and bearing left wheel, muffler hanger and alternator belt
- New pulley shaft
- Reinforced Camshaft with new water pump
- New VARTA Silver 74Ah 750A battery (i know huge capacity ;) but great for cold polish winters)
- Left axle
- New stabilizer connectors
- Rear beam bushings
- Brake fluid steel + Motul DOT 5.1
- Wheels refurbished and painted with dark grey colour

Engine mods:
- FMIC
- Custom turbo manifold
- New Garrett turbo from Multijet engine GT1749VB
- 2bar Bosch Mapsensor
- end CAT out
- Removed EGR and soft disabled
- Fresh injectors (80 000km) (mine unfortunately were in poor condition)
- REMAP

Mods In the near future:
- Breaks upgrade to Brembos from Fiat Coupe or Alfa Brera
- New rims for next season, 17"? 18"? will see
- Lacquer polishing
- Sport or threaded suspension.
- Front and rear bumper from Stilo Schumacher
- Paint the roof in black

Car pics 2011:

imgp2733.jpg

imgp2739h.jpg

imgp2742t.jpg

imgp2746j.jpg

imgp2758.jpg

imgp2762.jpg

imgp2769q.jpg

imgp2791.jpg

imgp2792.jpg

imgp2823xh.jpg

wykres2t.jpg

img8205n.jpg

Car pics 2012 - now:

img5547k.jpg

img5539g.jpg

img5545xm.jpg
Nice clean car. (y)

Plans:

If you are going to fit the Abarth multi colour instrument panel to a diesel, you will not have the glow plug and low oil pressure warning lights.

On the Abarth engine, signals from the oil pressure and temperature sensors are sent to the engine management ECU, then via CAN to the instrument panel. On the JTD engine, the signal from the oil pressure switch goes directly to the instrument panel. I tried rewiring the oil pressure switch on my JTD directly to the Abarth instrument panel, but it still doesn't work. Proxy Alignment says "wrong component" for the instrument panel.

Let me know if you find a way to make it work, I've been trying for a few weeks without success.

great work.
one suggestion if you are mapping again try to take out that torque spike just after 2000rpm, that is most probably making the clutch slip and dmf judder worse.smooth gradient from 1800-2400rpm clutch would thank you and youll probably not see big change on the road?
why the 185hp and 380nm ?
another 10-15nm at 4500rpm and you'd have 185hp(291nm)
if your looking for headline figures you may have gone too small with this turbo?
think about water/methanol injection(could give 10-15hp and 20-30nm)especially if your near your max fuel IQ limit
if its fast and drives nice id forget chasing figures.

heres a link to a nice stilo jtd8v gone quite far hp wise also see hes got 4pot brembos
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/368015-jtd-2056vk.html
hope this helps

Last edited:
Fcuk! I wrote a reply long like a lithany! Then accidentally I clicked some key on my keyboard, in meantime the forum script logged me off and now I need to start again from scratch. :/ aaarghh...

Last edited:
Nice clean car. (y)

Plans:

If you are going to fit the Abarth multi colour instrument panel to a diesel, you will not have the glow plug and low oil pressure warning lights.

On the Abarth engine, signals from the oil pressure and temperature sensors are sent to the engine management ECU, then via CAN to the instrument panel. On the JTD engine, the signal from the oil pressure switch goes directly to the instrument panel. I tried rewiring the oil pressure switch on my JTD directly to the Abarth instrument panel, but it still doesn't work. Proxy Alignment says "wrong component" for the instrument panel.

Let me know if you find a way to make it work, I've been trying for a few weeks without success.

Yes i know that, but tbh it's not a problem for me :) The engine doesn't take even a mililiter of oil between exchange intervals (10 000km) and I never look at glow plugs light as I always wait few seconds before I start the engine. But... since I changed the instrument panel leds to white and blue I'm thinking seriously not to doing it. Now the panel looks completly different, modern and really cool!

Nice ride. Just needs a hatch window spoiler to finish off the rear end IMO...
Yup! You're right!:D I forgot to write it on my list! It's definitely a must have mod!

great work.
one suggestion if you are mapping again try to take out that torque spike just after 2000rpm, that is most probably making the clutch slip and dmf judder worse.smooth gradient from 1800-2400rpm clutch would thank you and youll probably not see big change on the road?
why the 185hp and 380nm ?
another 10-15nm at 4500rpm and you'd have 185hp(291nm)
if your looking for headline figures you may have gone too small with this turbo?
think about water/methanol injection(could give 10-15hp and 20-30nm)especially if your near your max fuel IQ limit
if its fast and drives nice id forget chasing figures.

heres a link to a nice stilo jtd8v gone quite far hp wise also see hes got 4pot brembos
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/368015-jtd-2056vk.html
hope this helps

I hope that after i change the clutch and dual mass wheel, dyno chart will looks a bit different. I choose the 1749vb because this is my daily car and I wanted a setup which will be completly safe and won't kill the injectors or engine next day. :p I really don't want to fight for every bhp. I know that there's an option to do a 200bhp rocket from 8v JTD on big turbo but in my project 1749vb is an compromise between stock 1749va on chip which can give ~150bhp and big turbos from 2.4JTD engines which can give you more power but with huge lag on the bottom and need fuel limiters pushed to the max which kills injectors after every 60k km as happened in this well known polish project http://www.dynosoft.pl/projekty/27-stilo-jtd-8v-200km.html
The whole engine modifications in my car was consulted and made by Martin from Cinsoft.pl It's a italian cars tuning guru in Poland so I think he knows what he's doing ;)

I wrote 185hp(380nm) because I think it's realistic to achieve.

Last edited:
Maybe someone from you guys have experience with modded 8v JTD and know what clutch and dual mass fits the original stilo 8v getrag gear? I'm looking for something better than OEM set for my car (which also wan't ruin my wallet). I heard that clutch from 2.8 JTD Fiat Ducato will fit. Is that true? Or maybe it makes no sense for power i want ~185bhp/380nm?

Back